Disney Plus VPN in Australia
Disney Plus is a popular streaming service in Australia with exclusive shows like PSY Summer Swag 2022, Dr Romantic Season 3, Star Wars: Visions Season 2, Race 2023, Suga Road to D Day, Ed Sheeran The Sum Of It All, and more. Unfortunately, Disney Plus is only available in a few countries. Thankfully, a Disney Plus VPN can help you access Disney+ from anywhere in the world!
Disney Plus is great at keeping kids and adults entertained at the same time, but sadly the platform is region-locked. We reveal what VPN works with Disney Plus in Australia so you can easily bypass the tough geo-blocks.
Launched in November 2019, Disney Plus has proven to be a successful standalone streaming service by scoring more than 28 million subscribers in the first few months. Sadly, there’s a long list of countries where people can’t stream Malaysian or Taiwanese Dramas on Disney Plus, titles like Dr Romantic Season 3, Vigilante, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?, and The Simpsons Season 34 because of Disney’s geo-blocks.
What’s more is that Disney+ does not display the same roster of content in all its supported regions, so someone in Australia will see a different catalogue than someone in the US. But the simplest trick of using the Best VPN for Disney Plus in Australia lets you watch Disney+ from anywhere. Read on to learn how does Disney Plus work with VPNs, the best VPNs for Disney Plus in Australia, and what to do in case the Disney Plus VPN not working error hits you in Australia!
How to Watch US Disney+ in Australia with the best Disney Plus VPN [5 Easy Steps]
Here’s how to use VPN for Disney Plus in Australia and watch its US content in Australia:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Disney Plus (Recommended: ExpressVPN for its streaming-optimized servers).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Choose a server in the US for the US library (Recommended: New York Server).
- Head to the Disney+ website and sign up for a plan. Your payment method should match the selected region.
- Enter your login Disney Plus details and enjoy streaming US Disney Plus in Australia with a VPN!
Recommended VPN for Disney+ in 2023
If you want to access the US Disney Plus in Australia, we recommend ExpressVPN for smooth online streaming and great unblocking potential. Get this exclusive offer of a 49% discount and 3 free months now!
Best VPNs for Watching US Disney+ in Australia – A Comparison Chart
Here is the overall summary of the best Disney+ VPNs in Australia. So pick your favourite VPN from the table below and stop wondering what VPN works with Disney Plus in Australia, as these are the best VPNs to watch US Disney+ in Australia that are working in 2023:
|VPN Providers||Ranking for Disney Plus Streaming||Servers & Countries||Recommended Servers||Avg Speed||Video Quality||Devices||Simultaneous Connections||Price per Month|
|ExpressVPN||1||3000 servers in 94 countries||New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, and Sydney||92.26 Mbps (Download Speed)||4K and HD streaming||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Five||AU$ 10.12 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)|
|Surfshark||2||3200 servers in 100 countries||Latham, Atlanta, Miami, and Chicago||88.48 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD and 4K||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Unlimited||AU$ 3.35 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)|
|NordVPN||3||5500 servers in 60 countries||Atlanta (#5011 & #3965), Miami (#3507 & #2825), Chicago (#2965 & #3185) and Dallas (#3755 & #4637)||93.42 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD and 4K||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Six||AU$ 8.33 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription)|
|CyberGhost||4||6000 servers in 91 countries||All US-optimized servers for Disney+||75.12 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Seven||AU$ 6.05 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!)|
|PureVPN||5||6500 servers in 78 countries||Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, Vancouver, Sydney, and Perth||70.35 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Ten||AU$ 6.31 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan)|
Note: If your Disney Plus VPN not working in Australia, make sure that the Disney+ website or app is closed before connecting to the VPN. Otherwise, there might be a chance that service won’t work for you even if you are using a Disney+ VPN Australia.
Let’s check out does Disney+ work with a VPN in Australia and why you actually need one:
Does Disney Plus Work With VPNs in Australia? Why Do You Need One?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in Australia with a VPN. With a VPN, you can change your IP address by connecting to a server in a Disney Plus location like the US, thus unblocking the US Disney Plus that has the largest content library.
Due to licensing agreements and content distribution rights, most Marvel and Disney movies get released on Disney+ in the US first before making their way to other regions like Australia.
For example, Frozen 2 was released on US Disney+ on 15 March 2020, while Australian streamers had to wait till July to get the movie. A similar is the case with other releases like Onward.
Luckily, with a VPN, you don’t have to wait for your favourite movies to release in your country. With a VPN, you can spoof your Disney Plus location by changing your IP address and hiding your true location. Moreover, Disney Plus USA offers a Disney Plus bundle in which you can get ESPN+ and Hulu with Disney Plus.
It is worth noting that many VPNs don’t have the ability to bypass geo-blocks, hide IP addresses, and allow you to watch US Disney+ in Australia. In fact, Disney Plus blocks VPNs through its strict tracking mechanism.
We have tested 50+ VPNs to unblock Disney+ content in 4K and HD (High Definition) without any buffering issues or server disconnections. And after extensive testing, it’s safe to say that Disney+ with ExpressVPN is the best duo!
You can unblock various Disney and Disney Plus Hotstar content in Australia with a VPN service, like watching Japanese Drama on Disney Plus.
Best VPNs for Disney Plus: Quick Summary of the 5 Best VPNs in Australia
Based on our testing, have a look at our quick guide below for the best VPNs that work with Disney Plus in Australia in 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Disney+. Watch Disney Plus in HD, and 4K with no buffering and blazing fast streaming with a speed of 92.26 Mbps download and 89.45 Mbps upload speed for only AU$ 10.12 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!).
- Surfshark – Affordable VPN for Disney+ with unlimited simultaneous connections for streaming at only AU$ 3.35 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – Fastest VPN, thanks to WireGuard (NordLynx) servers that doubled its speed for unblocking Disney+ from anywhere with buffer-free streaming at the price of AU$ 8.33 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription) with Threat Protection.
- CyberGhost – Large Server Network with the most interactive app features and the most servers to unblock Disney+ in unsupported locations for just AU$ 6.05 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
- PureVPN – Reliable VPN to access Disney+ owing to its optimized and reliable tunnelling protocols such as OpenVPN protocol available for just AU$ 6.31 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan).
Best VPNs to Watch US Disney Plus in Australia [In-Depth Analysis]
We have tested 50+ VPNs to find the best VPNs for watching US Disney Plus in Australia. These VPNs were excellent at bypassing geo-blocks and streaming without any buffering or error.
1. ExpressVPN | The Best Disney Plus VPN
- Buffer-free streaming with no server disconnections
- Servers: 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 92.26 Mbps download speed
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: AU$ 10.12 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)
ExpressVPN is the best Disney Plus VPN in Australia because it ensures buffer-free access to the platform without any server disconnections.
With over 3000+ servers in 94 countries, along with 20+ US server locations, 5+ server locations in Australia, 3+ server locations in Canada, 4+ server locations in France, and 3 server locations in the Netherlands – ExpressVPN works the best for unblocking Disney Plus!
With such coverage of server location, you won’t have to worry about getting Disney+ unblocked in Australia.
ExpressVPN offers the best performance with no Disney Plus issues for buffering and fast download and upload speeds. We managed to record a 92.26 Mbps download speed and 89.45 Mbps upload speed to stream in HD and 4K.
ExpressVPN has amazing features like ISP throttling that cause no buffering while streaming DisneyPlus Philippines, or Disney Plus Canada in Australia or any other content. It also provides unlimited bandwidth for downloading and lightning-fast speed.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN allows five simultaneous connections. There are dedicated apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick. In addition to this, they also provide MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) for enhanced streaming and watching Disney+ on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, and other devices.
With 24/7 live chat support, you can always get assistance for setting up the VPN. It is currently available for AU$ 10.12 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!) with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. All features considered, ExpressVPN is among the few VPNs that work with Disney Plus in Australia without any hassle.
- Added protective layer that successfully tackles Log4Shell vulnerability
- Faster speed across all servers
- No buffering during streams
- No server disconnections
- Complete privacy- no data collection with a kill-switch
- Access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other platforms from anywhere
- 24/7 customer support (live chat & email)
- Price is on the higher side
- No phone support
- New Jersey
- Washington DC
- New York
2. Surfshark | Affordable VPN to Watch Disney Plus
- Affordable VPN that works great with Disney+
- Servers: 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Speed: 88.48 Mbps download speed
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: AU$ 3.35 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN to watch Disney+ in Australia available for just AU$ 3.35 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription). The provider is light on your wallet but does not compromise on performance and quality, as there is no connection limit when using the VPN.
Surfshark is more than capable of unblocking Disney+ with its 3200+ servers in 100 countries. Among these, there are 600+ servers in the US and other countries where Disney+ is available right now to help you access your desired content library in Australia. During our tests, we had Disney+ unblocked within 5 seconds.
We could easily access the US Disney+ library by connecting to its Chicago server and had no trouble whatsoever.
The VPN also offers fast speed on its servers for 4K streaming. We tested it for its speed, and the results were amazing, as we got a download speed of 88.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps.
It supports all major platforms and streaming services, including Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Firestick. And also offers Smart DNS to access Disney Plus on PS4, Apple TV devices, Smart TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Xbox.
It also has other amazing features like CleanWeb, Bypasser, Kill Switch, NoBorders mode, and Camouflage Mode for maximum security and privacy.
Other than that, in this pocket-friendly pricing, this provider also has other noteworthy features like split-tunneling, ad-blocker, malware scanners, and obfuscation. With all these amazing features of this VPN, you can watch amazing content on Disney Plus, like Marvel Cinematic Universe or Desi Serials on Disney+ Hotstar.
In addition to its outstanding unblocking features, it is the only provider in this best Disney VPNs list that offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account at the most affordable prices for streaming Disney+. This makes it one of the best VPNs that work with Disney Plus.
If you are stuck and can’t find the best working VPN server with Disney+, Surfshark’s 24/7 live chat support is the best place to find out. Surfshark offers a 7-day trial for Android, iOS, and macOS platforms and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Needless to say, Disney Plus cheapest VPN Australia solution is Surfshark, with its affordable pricing tags.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Stern privacy- no data logs
- Enhanced security features
- 24/7 live chat & email support
- Not the fastest VPN
- P2P servers are limited
- No phone support
3. NordVPN | Fastest VPN for Streaming Disney Plus
- Fastest VPN for streaming Disney+ with blazing streaming speeds
- Servers: 5500+ servers in 60 countries
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 93.42 Mbps download speed
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: AU$ 8.33 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription)
NordVPN is the fastest VPN for watching US Disney+ in Australia, as it provides a blazing-fast speed of over 90 Mbps on most of its servers. Additionally, NordVPN servers are equipped to offer the best speeds with zero throttling. During testing, it delivered a fast 93.42 Mbps download speed on our 100 Mbps base connection.
In addition, NordVPN offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 1970 servers located in the US and other Disney+ locations to help you access all of its content in Australia. The NordLynx protocol ensures even faster access to Disney+ in HD and 4K.
In terms of features and unblocking capabilities, NordVPN ticks all the boxes, and this is why it is one of the best Disney+ VPNs in Australia in 2023.
To check its speeds, we tested NordVPN over a 100 Mbps connection and found that it gave exceptional download speeds of 93.42 Mbps and 87.68 Mbps upload speed. This is the best VPN for streaming that can get your Disney+ unblocked easily.
NordVPN Disney Plus is a perfect combination. With such fast speeds, you don’t have to worry about buffering or lag while streaming. We tested several servers in Disney Plus locations, including the US, Canada, and Australia, and the results were similar. This confirms that NordVPN Disney Plus is a worthwhile combination!
NordVPN has some features, too, like Obfuscated servers, Split-tunneling, Double Protection, Dedicated IP, Kill Switch, and Thread Protection that guarantees secure streaming while protecting your data.
NordVPN has dedicated apps for Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, and Linux. It also provides SmartPlay (Smart DNS) to watch Disney+ on Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, and gaming consoles.
If you find a problem with unblocking Disney+, you can contact its live chat support to resolve the issue. Along with a 30-day money-back guarantee, NordVPN is priced at AU$ 8.33 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription) for its annual subscription.
- Double VPN feature with extra security benefits
- No bandwidth throttling during peak hours
- Improved gaming experience
- Powerful security features including threat protection, data protection & encryption
- Located in Panama- no data retention law
- No free trial
- Connecting to the server takes a bit more time
- Atlanta (#5011 & #3965)
- Miami (#3507 & #2825)
- Chicago (#2965 & #3185)
- Dallas (#3755 & #4637)
4. CyberGhost | Most VPN Servers to Watch Disney Plus
- Most VPN servers for streaming Disney+
- Servers: 6000+ servers in 91 countries
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 75.47 Mbps download speed
- 45-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: AU$ 6.05 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!)
CyberGhost VPN has the most VPN servers to unblock US Disney Plus in Australia, including 6000+ servers in 91 countries worldwide, among which 1300+ servers are in the US, 751 in UK, 150 in Australia, and other Disney Plus supported countries.
With an extensive range of VPN server locations in different countries, you don’t have to worry about experiencing the error message while streaming Disney Plus.
To top it off, you will also find Disney+ dedicated servers in the CyberGhost app. These servers are optimized specially for streaming the US Disney Plus in Australia.
This provider unblocks US Disney+ easily in Australia and also allows you to watch all your favourite content in HD without any lag. We ran tests to check its speed, and CyberGhost offered consistent speeds on its servers and is the best VPN for international streaming.
Our base connection was 100 Mbps, and on its New York server, CyberGhost managed a fast download speed of 75.12 Mbps and an upload speed of 39.48 Mbps. It’s not as fast as its competition, it allows streaming in HD without any buffering.
CyberGhost supports 7 simultaneous device connections on a single account, so you can share one subscription with your friends and family and enjoy watching your favourites on Disney+ Hotstar in Australia.
It supports all major devices with OS like iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, and other streaming devices. Apart from unblocking Disney+, its pre-installed security features help you to maintain your online privacy.
CyberGhost has amazing features like Traffic Encryption, NoSpy Servers, and Protection against malware and Digital Threats. With these amazing features, you can protect your data while streaming.
It comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee, and its best plan is available for AU$ 6.05 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
- Wide range of server locations
- Dedicated servers for Disney Plus
- The most secure encryptions & Protocols
- No data logs collected – releases audit report every quarter
- Limited extra features in mobile apps
- Does not support P2P on mobile connections
- New York
5. PureVPN | Reliable VPN for Watching Disney Plus
- Reliable VPN for streaming Disney+
- Servers: 6500+ servers in 78 countries
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 75.47 Mbps download speed
- 31-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: AU$ 6.31 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan)
PureVPN is the most reliable VPN to watch US Disney+ in Australia, with decent speeds and a server network. It consistently unblocks the streaming service, providing reliable connections with no sudden drops.
It offers a network of 6500+ servers in 78 countries to stream Disney+ in unsupported countries.
We connected to its US – Houston server and were able to stream the American Disney+ library without any issues. Similarly, you can connect to a server in any Disney+ location you want to unblock regional libraries in Australia.
Owing to its extensive network of reliable servers, PureVPN delivers fast speed on most of its servers. We ran speed tests on its US – Houston server and received a download speed of 70.35 Mbps and an upload speed of 33.88 Mbps.
With PureVPN, you can have 10 multi-logins and watch Disney+ on all your favourite devices, including Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Firestick, Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
In terms of security, it offers top-class features, including AES-256 military-grade encryption, kill-switch, and ad-blockers that keep your online activities and IP address secure from third parties and your ISP.
It also has Internet Security and Kill Switch. With paid-on features like Dedicated IP and DDoS Protection, you can stream Disney+ Hotstar in UAE without any data leakage, making it the best VPN for international streaming. PureVPN will help you easily unblock.
There is live chat support in case you need assistance. PureVPN is available for AU$ 6.31 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan) with a 31-day money-back guarantee for its new users, allowing them to try the Disney Plus VPN free.
- Consistently unblocks Disney+
- Provides VPN hotspot feature
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Improved anonymity features
- Some servers are blocked by Netflix
- Some servers take time to establish the connection
- US servers (including Houston, Chicago, and Atlanta)
Criteria to Select the Best Disney Plus VPN in Australia
Not all VPNs work with US Disney Plus in Australia. Therefore to select the best VPNs, we based our research on the following criteria while testing. Here are the key points:
|Servers||Ideally, the VPN should offer dedicated servers for streaming in the USA, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, and New Zealand that unblocks Disney+ consistently from anywhere worldwide.|
|Speed||No one likes extensive buffering and lag while streaming. Therefore, fast server performance is necessary when unblocking Disney+ in HD and 4k.|
|No server disconnection||If a VPN keeps disconnecting, you are bound to experience the error message. Therefore, there should be no server disconnections to avoid streaming errors.|
|Multi-login||Concurrent connection for multiple devices is a must feature. A minimum of five simultaneous connections on a single account is desirable. The VPN should also support all major devices, including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Roku, Firestick, and gaming consoles. In simple words, the Disney Plus device limit must be reasonable.|
|Streaming Possibilities||It should be no surprise that having more streaming options is advantageous if you want to watch Disney Plus. Because of this, we have only chosen service providers who can unblock various streaming services, including Disney Plus.|
|Customer support||Not everyone is a pro at tech, so you might experience trouble setting up a VPN for Disney Plus. Therefore, having 24/7 live chat support is a plus point, as you can get quick assistance.|
|Price||Pricing is a major deciding factor when choosing a VPN for streaming. We made sure to include services whose price is justified by the quality of the product. The services also offer a 30-day money guarantee so that you can give them a try risk-free.|
Note: By using a good VPN, you can watch Disney+ abroad in any country.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Unblock US Disney Plus in Australia?
Yes, you can use the best free VPN for Disney Plus (US version) in Australia, but we generally advise against it.
When you are looking for a VPN, you will no doubt come across many free options letting you watch Disney Plus with IPVanish VPN, ProtonVPN, or PrivadoVPN, but they cannot help you access the streaming services due to several reasons.
Here are a few reasons why we don’t recommend using a VPN for Disney Plus free of cost:
- Free VPNs offer a minimal amount of servers that Disney+ usually blocks, so they cannot help you access the streaming service.
- Free VPNs have data limits, with most services offering 500 MB per month, which is too less for streaming.
- With congested servers, free VPN services offer extremely slow speeds resulting in constant buffering.
- Weak encryption protocols are used by free VPN for streaming, so Disney+ can detect your real IP address, resulting in the error message.
- According to research by CSIRO, free VPNs earn hefty profits by selling your online data to third parties.
As tempting as a Disney VPN free service is, we still recommend subscribing to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN. If price is a concern, simply leverage its risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s way safer than opting for a VPN for Disney Plus free in Australia.
Is There a Way to Get Disney Plus for Cheaper with a VPN in Australia?
Yes, there is a way to get Disney Plus for cheaper with a VPN in Australia. You can get a Disney+ subscription cheaper by subscribing to a Disney+ country with the lowest price, like Malaysia, which costs $4.34/mo.
With your Disney Plus VPN cheapest subscription, you can easily unblock all the content on Disney Plus Malaysia. However, a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN is needed while subscribing to Disney Plus Malaysia.
Countries Where Disney Plus is Available [Updated List]
Here is the latest list of countries where Disney Plus is available:
North, Central, and South America:
|United States||Canada||Honduras Belize||Costa Rica|
|Greece||Czech Republic||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|Lithuania||North Macedonia||Slovenia||San Marino|
South Pacific and Asia
|New Zealand||Australia||Hong Kong||Japan|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Jamaica||St. Kitts & Nevis||Barbados|
|Dominica||Trinidad & Tobago||Dominican Republic||Grenada|
|Haiti||Argentina||St. Vincent & the Grenadines||Bahamas|
Middle East and Africa
|United Arab Emirates||Iraq||Libya||Yemen|
How Do I Get US Disney Plus Subscription with a VPN in Australia?
By subscribing to one of the best Disney VPNs, you can watch your favourite movies and shows on US Disney+ in Australia, provided you already have its subscription.
Viewers in countries where Disney+ is launched, like Australia, can only subscribe to the service from the country linked with their payment method. However, you can still get a subscription without using a foreign payment method by using a VPN in Australia. Here is how you can do that:
How to Get US Disney Plus Subscription in Australia on iOS? [Using Apple ID]
All you need is iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, and follow these steps to get a Disney+ subscription on your iOS device:
- First, Sign up for the best Disney+ VPN apps or browser extensions. (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- After installing the VPN on your iOS device > Go to your VPN app, log in and connect to a USA server (like New York).
- Scroll to the “Settings” option on your iOS device > tap Apple ID > Media & Purchases > click View Account and Sign in.
- Change Country/ Region to the United States, save the changes, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Now it’s time to buy the American iTunes Gift card from Amazon and ensure you enter the correct billing address. To do so, open this link.
- Once you get the redeemed code in your email box, redeem the gift card.
- Now download the Disney+ app from App Store.
- Open the Disney+ app and sign up for its subscription using your Apple ID.
- The next step is to open the US Disney Plus Sign-in page, log in to your account and watch your favourite TV show or movie in Australia.
Check out the easy steps to watch US Disney+ on iOS in Australia!
How to Get US Disney Plus Subscription in Australia on Android? [Using Google Play Store]
Follow these steps to pay for US Disney Plus on your Android device in Australia:
- Sign-up for the best VPN service for your Android device (We highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Download the VPN app, log in and connect to a US server.
- Head to Google Play Store on your Android device and create a new account (but don’t sign in now).
- Purchase a Google Play Gift card through a reputable site like Amazon.
- You will receive a gift code via email. You can either click the link in the email (if you’re on your phone) or manually key the code into the Google Play Store to redeem it.
- Now head to your Android device “Settings” > tap on the “Account” option > select the “Add Account” option and add the new Google Account.
- Again, go to Google Play Store and log in with your new account.
- Download the Disney+ app on your Android device.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Open the “Sign-up” option in Disney+ App and select the payment option with your “Google Account” option.
- The next step is to close the Disney+ app and reopen it > Sign in to your account with your Disney Plus login credentials, and enjoy streaming.
Check out the easy steps to watch US Disney+ on Android in Australia!
Does Disney Plus Ban VPN in Australia?
Yes, Disney+ blocks some VPNs in Australia due to the different regional licensing agreements involved with each show/movie production. Disney Plus VPN ban is common because the platform constantly tries to come up with advanced technology that ensures Disney+ users do not get around the geo-blocks, thereby protecting its agreements.
A premium VPN subscription such as ExpressVPN makes sure that you do not face the Disney Plus VPN ban. Therefore, you can avoid the Disney Plus error code 39 or Error Code 83 or a notification that says, “Sorry, Disney+ is not accessible in your region.” with ExpressVPN. You can easily overcome the Disney Plus VPN block with a reliable VPN as it frequently examines and replaces IPs that may have been blacklisted by the platform.
You can also check out our detailed guide on Disney Plus Error Code 83 fixes.
Why is Disney Plus Not Working in Australia with VPN?
Using a VPN but still can’t access US Disney Plus in Australia? There’s no need to panic. There are a lot of potential reasons behind the Disney Plus issues, but there are quick fixes as well to troubleshoot.
- IP address leak: Your actual IP address is leaking out, making it easier for the platform to see your real location.
- Switch server: The VPN you’re using has been tracked and blocked by Disney Plus. About time you switch the server you are using!
- Cookies issue: Cookies present on your device reveal your actual location.
- GPS location problems: Your device’s IP address and the precise geolocation coordinates do not match.
- Switch VPN: Your VPN service is unable to circumvent Disney Plus’s geo-restrictions.
- Web browser issue: Sometimes web browser issues with your VPN can prevent you from accessing the service. Try a different browser.
If none of the solutions worked for you and you still can’t access US Disney+ with a VPN in Australia, it’s time you switched to a more reliable VPN provider. All the VPNs mentioned above are capable of unblocking Disney+ and other geo-restricted streaming services.
How to Fix Disney Plus VPN Not Working in Australia in 2023?
If your Disney Plus not working Australia, then determining whether the Disney+ VPN issues are caused by software or hardware is the first step in fixing Disney+ errors. These errors could be represented by numbers, such as Disney Plus errors 42, 83, etc. Additionally, a brief notification similar to this one might appear on your screen:
Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code xx).
As was previously said, you are experiencing an error solely due to traffic congestion. You might just end up accessing the service by refreshing the page or signing in again.
How to Fix ‘Unable to connect to Disney Plus’ Issue on Disney+ in Australia?
This error happens when there is a server traffic overload, such as when everyone is trying to watch the most recent episode of a popular TV show. An error message is then displayed on servers as a result of this overload:
“There seems to be an error connecting to the Disney+ service.”
You can follow these steps to fix whether it’s Disney app not working or the Website:
- Restart your computer, television, mobile phone, or streaming device.
- Close the app and log in back into your account.
- Examine your Wi-Fi connection for issues like a slow or inconsistent connection.
- Restart the Disney+ app.
- Switch off your router, give it five minutes to rest, and then turn it back on to refresh it.
- Video game consoles and other bandwidth-hungry equipment should be disconnected from your Wi-Fi.
- Delete the cache on your browser.
- Examine your device’s firmware.
- Switch to OpenDNS, Google, or Cloudflare as your DNS provider.
How to Fix ‘Disney+ Not Available in my Country’ Issue?
Disney Plus is a geo-restricted streaming service accessible in countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India, and New Zealand. As a result, you can not watch the content if you are not residing in a country where Disney Plus is not available.
To watch your favourite Disney shows from overseas, you must utilize the best VPNs for Disney Plus. Using the servers of a trustworthy VPN, you may unblock Disney Plus and take advantage of the streaming service’s lightning-fast speeds. For this, we highly suggest the best Disney+ VPN that is, ExpressVPN.
It is important to note that you can also get this error ‘Disney Plus not available in Australia’ while accessing Disney Plus Australia abroad.
You can also follow these steps to fix the ‘Disney+ Not Available in my Country’ issue:
- Verify if Disney+ has the TV show or movie you’re looking for.
- Reset your Wi-Fi router or modem after 30 to 60 seconds, and then switch it back on.
- Check your IP address with an IP checker program.
- Try choosing a different server if you’re using a Disney VPN for Australia to hide your real IP address. To unlock Disney Plus, you can obtain a US IP address from any US server.
- Alternatively, you can close and restart the ExpressVPN app or change your location settings.
How to Fix Disney+ Streaming Issues in Australia?
Due to an unstable internet connection, you can have some streaming problems. If it occurs, you can get an error code. Error codes 24, 29, 42, 43, 83 and 76 are a few concerning connectivity. If there isn’t an error, you’ll get the following message on your screen:
We’re sorry, but the video you requested is not available. Please try once more. Visit the Disney+ Help Center if the issue continues (Error Code xx).
For HD streaming on Disney+ and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD streaming, the connection speed must be more than 5 Mbps.
You can also follow these steps to fix this error:
- Relocate your router to receive better signals.
- Use a connected internet connection instead.
- Check for problems with internet connectivity.
- Restart your router, Wi-Fi, and every device you are using.
- Use an internet speed test to determine the typical download and upload speeds.
- Reinstall the Disney+ app after uninstalling it.
- On any gadget that is using a lot of data, temporarily turn off the internet.
How to Fix Disney Plus Issues on Devices in Australia?
To test if it resolves the issue and enables trouble-free Disney+ streaming on various devices in Australia, try the following fixes:
- Verify the stability of your internet connection. Often, you may be blaming the streaming service for showing faults when your internet connection is actually the issue. Therefore, if you want a service that is buffer- and error-free, you need to improve your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
- Try restarting your Disney+ app or uninstalling it so you can reinstall it. By doing this, there is a good possibility that the mistake will be rectified.
- Update your Disney+ app to the most recent version if it isn’t already. When you use an old version of the application, errors frequently appear.
- To fix the Disney+ app, try cleaning the cache from your smartphone. Delete the cache in your browser if you’re using a PC to access Disney+.
How to Watch US Disney Plus in Australia on Your Device With a VPN?
Watching US Disney Plus on your device in Australia with a VPN is very easy. The steps might vary depending on your device, but it is straightforward.
With a VPN, you can also easily stream the best movies of Disney+ Australia, watch your favourite TV shows on Disney+ Singapore, catch up to some old-school classics on Disney+ New Zealand, and a lot more from anywhere.
Follow these step-by-step guides for how to watch Disney Plus with a VPN in Australia on the following devices:
How to Watch US Disney Plus on iOS in Australia using a VPN?
Here’s how to watch US Disney Plus on iOS in Australia using a VPN:
- Go to Settings on your iOS device, and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap Media & Purchases > View Account > sign in to your ID.
- Scroll down to Country/ Region and change it to the US.
- Open the ExpressVPNon your device, and connect to a US server (New York).
- Visit App Store and search for the Disney Plus app.
- Download the app, log in and enjoy streaming via Disney Plus VPN iPhone.
How to Watch US Disney Plus on Android in Australia using a VPN?
If you want to watch US Disney Plus on your Android device in Australia, just follow these steps:
- Download ExpressVPN on your device.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- From the list of servers, connect to a US server (Recommended: New York Server).
- Now, log out of your Google Account, and create a new Gmail ID with the US set as the region.
- Visit Google Play Store and sign in with your new Gmail ID.
- Once you are signed in, head back to Play Store and search for Disney Plus app.
- Install the app, log in, and stream your favorite content on Disney+ from anywhere.
How to Watch US Disney Plus on your PC in Australia using a VPN?
You can follow these steps if you are wondering how to use VPN for US Disney Plus in Australia on your PC:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your PC.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Open the Disney+ website and enter your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming Disney+ on your PC.
How to Watch US Disney Plus on Smart TV in Australia using a VPN?
If you want to watch US Disney Plus on Smart TV in Australia, then follow these steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, as this is the best VPN for Disney Plus.
- Download the VPN app on your Smart TV.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Download the Disney Plus app on your Smart TV.
- Enter your login Disney Plus credentials.
- Enjoy streaming via Disney Plus VPN Smart TV.
How to Watch US Disney Plus on your Streaming Devices in Australia using a VPN?
US Disney Plus may be watched on various streaming devices in Australia, but the procedure differs slightly depending on which one you use. You will need to set up the VPN on your router because Kodi, Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV do not allow VPN apps.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN as it’s the best VPN for US Disney Plus in Australia.
- Install the VPN on your router.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Plug in your streaming stick to your TV.
- Open the Disney+ app and log in to your account.
- Enjoy your favourite movies!
On Which Devices Can I Watch US Disney Plus in Australia using a VPN?
Following are the compatible devices that support US Disney Plus in Australia:
|Smartphones, Tablets & Mobiles||
|Browsers on Computers or Laptops||
What Can I Watch on Disney+ in Australia in 2023?
There is a massive list of the best shows and movies that you can watch on Disney+ in Australia. However, if you don’t know where to start, you can choose from the following top trending shows and movies to watch on Disney+:
What’s New on Disney+ in May 2023?
Here’s everything that’s new on Disney+ in May 2023:
FAQs | Best Disney Plus VPNs in Australia
Can Disney Plus detect VPNs in Australia?
Can I Watch Disney Plus Outside Australia?
Can you use a VPN on Disney Plus in Australia?
Which VPN works for Disney+ in Australia?
Is it legal to watch Disney+ with a VPN in Australia?
What to do if US Disney+ is still blocked after using a VPN in Australia?
Will Disney+ block my account if I use a VPN in Australia?
Will using a VPN for watching Disney+ affect my internet connection in Australia?
How to fix Disney Plus VPN black screen issue in Australia?
- Reinstall the Disney+ app.
- Check your internet connection.
- Delete browser cache and cookies.
- Restart your wi-fi router and modem.
- Try streaming Disney+ on mobile data.
- Contact your ISP for assistance.
Copyright laws and licensing agreements result in geo-restrictions on Disney Plus. Luckily, you can still watch US Disney Plus in Australia with the help of a Disney Plus VPN.
We’ve compared different VPNs and presented an in-depth analysis so you can make an informed decision. Based on our testing, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Disney Plus because it offers dedicated 3000 servers in 94 countries, easily unblocking our favourite Disney+ TV shows and movies like Father of the Bride, Tangled Sing-Along, and more in 4K without any buffering.
Above all, the 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try out the service risk-free. This means you can enjoy unlimited content on US Disney Plus in Australia without risking your money!