Wondering how to get Disney Plus on TV in Canada? Watching Disney Plus on Smart TV in Canada, irrespective of what brand of TV you have, shouldn’t worry you at all. Disney Plus in Canada is available on most Smart TVs like Philips, Samsung, and LG.
Even if your TV is old, you don’t need to worry about how to connect Disney Plus to TV in Canada. Wondering why? It is because when you connect a Roku device or Firestick, the door to Disney+ content is open for you.
You will watch the latest movies like The Territory, or shows like The Santa Clauses without any hassle in countries where Disney Plus is officially available.
For instance, since Disney Plus has launched officially in Australia, watching Disney+ Australia won’t be an issue. The same goes for Disney Plus New Zealand, Mexico, Germany or Disney Plus Canada, etc.
However, if your question is, ‘Why can’t I see Disney Plus on my TV outside Canada?’ It is because Disney+ has not launched in your country yet. In such a case, the following geo-restriction error appears on your screen:
Worried about how to get Disney Plus on smart tv outside Canada as the streaming site is blocked in your country? The quick answer is to get a VPN for Disney Plus.
Here is how you can do it, “Read more: How to unblock Disney+ in an unsupported country or outside Canada.” like Venezuela, or Disney+ Bolivia.
Can you watch Disney Plus on regular TV in Canada?
Yes, with the help of an HDMI cable, you can watch Disney Plus on a regular TV in Canada. An HDMI cable turns your TV into Smart TV by connecting it to your streaming device. You can stream Disney Plus on your regular TV in Canada by using Amazon Firestick, Roku device, and Chromecast device (Windows, iPad, iPhone, Android, and macOS).
Wondering how to download Disney Plus on my TV in Canada? or how to log in to Disney Plus on Smart TV in Canada? The steps are easy to follow. Connect the streaming device to your TV and follow the same guide on how to get Disney Plus on Smart TV in Canada. If you do not want to use these devices, you can simply connect your laptop with your TV using the cable and watch Disney+ on the web browser in Canada.
How Do I get Disney Plus on my Non Smart TV in Canada?
If you don’t have a smart TV, you can access Disney Plus with the help of Amazon Firestick in Canada. Download the Disney Plus app on Firestick and plug it into your TV set. Alternatively, you can also use a Roku device to get Disney+ on your regular TV in Canada.
After downloading the app on these devices, you can either create your account directly on the app or opt to create it on the website, which is easier.
Read more: If Disney Plus not working on Firestick in Canada
How to unblock Disney+ in an unsupported country or Outside Canada?
If the Disney+ app is geo-restricting you from accessing the content, then get a VPN. When you try using the platform without a VPN, it will show error 73. You may refer to our guide on how to fix Disney Plus error code 73.
Unfortunately, Smart TV does not offer a built-in VPN app. This is why you need to set up a VPN on your Smart TV via the Smart DNS method.
This allows you to access the content library of one region in another. For example, accessing Disney Plus in Pakistan or streaming Indian content on Hotstar in Canada with the help of a VPN won’t be an issue on Disney+ to watch!
Here’s how to get Disney Plus on TV outside Canada from anywhere:
Activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN
Follow these steps to activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (ExpressVPN is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2022).
- Visit ExpressVPN DNS Setup page and Sign-in.
- Register your IP address under the heading, and enable Automatic registration below.
- Visit the Setup page and collect your MediaStreamer IP address.
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your LG or Samsung Smart TV.
Set Up MediaStreamer DNS on Samsung Smart TV and Watch Disney+ Outside Canada From Anywhere
Here is an easy guide on how to add Disney Plus on Smart TV outside Canada using a MediaStreamer DNS:
- First, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- The main menu will appear. From there, select “Network” and then “Network Status” option.
- Now in the Network Status screen, scroll down and select the “IP Settings” option.
- Now select DNS setting > select Enter manually and then enter the DNS address, which you can find in your VPN profile page after you activated Smart DNS service.
- Congratulations, smart DNS is configured on your Samsung smart TV.
- Now go to the Home menu of your Samsung Smart TV and select the “Apps” option.
- Search for Disney Plus by entering it the search bar, which is located on the top right corner of the screen, and install the app.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, launch the app > log-in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: Disney Plus app is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to all the later models with Tizen OS. So, if you own an older model of Samsung TV, you need to switch to later models to set up Disney Plus on TV outside Canada.
Set Up Smart DNS on LG Smart TV and Watch Disney+ outside Canada from Anywhere
- First, turn on your LG Smart TV and press the “Settings” button to open the Settings menu.
- Now in the Settings menu, select Network > select Wi-Fi > then select the Edit button.
- Uncheck the “Set Automatically” option to configure the DNS address manually.
- After un-checking the “Set Automatically” option, now enter the DNS address you can find on your ExpressVPN account page.
- Once you enter the DNS address, select the “Connect” option and wait for the process until you get the notification, which says “Connected to Internet.”
- Congratulations, smart DNS is conjured successfully on your LG smart TV.
- Press the Disney+ icon with the help of a remote to launch the app.
- Now log in to your Disney Plus account and enjoy on your LG Smart TV.
Note: Please note that using a free VPN won’t allow accessing Disney+ for free on your Smart TV outside Canada. It means you need a Disney Plus subscription first before trying to watch it in an unsupported country or outside Canada. You can easily use ExpressVPN to unblock Disney Plus UK, Disney Plus Canada, or other countries’ Disney content libraries outside Canada.
How much does the Disney+ app cost on Smart TV in Canada?
The cost of the Canadian version of Disney Plus on Smart TV is as follows:
- CA$11.99 for a Disney+ monthly subscription
- CA$119.99 for Disney+ yearly subscription
- CA$ 17.71 /mo (US$ 12.99 /mo ) for the Disney+ bundle in Canada, which includes Hulu with Disney Plus and ESPN+.
P.S: Rumor has it that Disney Plus will introduce an alternate ad-supported cheaper subscription package later in the year.
What can I watch on Disney Plus in Canada?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch in Canada. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
|Best Shows||Best Movies|
|Willow – Episode 3||Diary Of A Wimpy Kid – Rodrick Rules|
|The Santa Clauses – Episode 5||Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays|
|The Mysterious Benedict Society||Akashinga: The Brave Ones|
|The Villains of Valley View||Patagonia Wings|
Why can’t I see Disney Plus on my TV in Canada?
If Disney Plus is not working on your TV in Canada despite following all the steps on how do I stream Disney+ to TV in Canada mentioned in our guide, there could be a lot of reasons behind it is Error Code 14. First, make sure to unplug your TV and wait 30 seconds before replugging. You can also reinstall the Disney Plus app and clear the app’s cache.
Make sure to check your internet connection, and also confirm if Disney Plus supports your Smart TV model in Canada. Because if it does not so Disney+ won’t Load, you will need to sideload the app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to get Disney Plus on my Smart TV in Canada?
How to login to Disney Plus on Smart TV in Canada?
Open the Disney Plus app on your Smart TV > Click login> Enter the 8-digit code you can see on your Smart TV> Select continue> Enter your Disney+ account details> Start streaming Disney+ on your Smart TV in Canada.
Can I get Disney Plus on my Smart TV in Canada?
How to download Disney Plus on my TV in Canada?
- Get a Disney Plus subscription.
- Connect TV to the internet.
- Choose apps on the home screen.
- Enter Disney+ in the search option.
- Choose the Disney Plus icon and tap Add to Home.
- Go to the Disney+ app and sign in.
Concluding | How to Get Disney+ on TV in Canada
We hope our guide helped you understand how to get Disney Plus on TV in Canada. There are different methods mentioned above. It could simply be installing it on your device directly or attaching a streaming device to your older Smart TVs.
Also, your question,’ How to watch Disney Plus on TV in a geo-restricted region or outside Canada?’ is answered now. Remember to use a premium VPN only to watch Disney+. Our top choice is ExpressVPN. We usually recommend ExpressVPN to stream lovers because it is a super fast and secure VPN.
Grab some popcorn and enjoy watching Biggest Little Farm The Return and Doctor Lawyer on Disney Plus now!