Thinking “Does Disney Plus work on Firestick?” Well, the answer is yes! In this guide, we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to watch Disney Plus on Fire Stick. Moreover, if you’re accessing Disney+ from a geo-restricted region, then you can watch Disney+ on FireStick using a VPN like ExpressVPN!
Disney Plus is a video-on-demand streaming service that you can use to start watching your favorite content like Peter Pan & Wendy, Great Expectations, and The Good Mothers Season 1. It further offers various shows and movies from Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
And since it’s available on the Amazon App Store, the Disney+ app is pretty easy to install and watch on your Firestick device. It’s also compatible with Alexa, through which you can voice command Alexa to play your favorite Disney+ content.
Disney Plus on Fire Stick: Availability, Features, and Price
Disney Plus was initially released in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. Now, the streaming platform is also available in Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, the UK, India (via Hotstar), and some European nations.
The latest Disney Plus pricing plans are as follows:
- Basic (With Ads): US$ 7.99 /mo of Disney+ standalone only
- Basic (With Ads):US$ 79.99 /yr of Disney+ standalone only
- Premium (Without Ads): US$ 10.99 /mo of Disney+ standalone only
- Premium (Without Ads): US$ 109.99 /yr of Disney+ standalone only
- Bundle Offer Basic (With Ads): US$ 9.99 /mo with Hulu with Disney Plus only
- Disney Bundle Offer Basic (With Ads): US$ 12.99 /mo with Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+
- Bundle Offer for Current Subscriber: US$ 14.99 /mo for Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (With Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)
- Bundle Offer Premium: US$ 19.99 /mo for Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)
No matter which pricing plan or Disney bundle you sign up for, you get access to the following features:
- Loads of Disney content and originals
- Support for 4K UHD
- 4 concurrent connections
- Dolby Atmos
- Downloading of content available for offline viewing
- Dolby Vision and HDR 10 support
Please note that you can only get these plans on US Disney+. To access them while you’re outside the country, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Once you’ve subscribed to the VPN, you can easily enjoy ExpressVPN Firestick together with Disney Plus. ExpressVPN works great with Disney+, therefore we highly recommend it for the streaming platform.
How to Install and Watch Disney Plus on Firestick [Easy Steps]
If how to download Disney Plus on Firestick is the only question on your mind right now, then here are the easy steps to install and watch Disney Plus Fire TV:
- Go to the Firestick Home screen and select the Search option in the top left corner.
- Type “Disney Plus” on the search bar and select it from the search suggestions.
- Select the Disney app from the Apps & Games section search results.
- Click on “Get” to download the app.
- Click “Open” to launch and run Disney Plus on Fire Stick.
If you see a message that prevents you from getting the app or Disney Plus not working on Firestick 2023 due to geo-restrictions, install a VPN on your device.
Wondering if Disney Plus works on your TV with Fire OS built-in? Head over to the next section!
Can I Get Firestick Disney Plus on my TV with Fire OS Built-In?
Yes, you can get Firestick Disney Plus on your TV with Fire OS built-in. However, there’s a chance that Disney Plus won’t work as smoothly as it works with a Firestick device connected to your TV with an HDMI.
But still, you can easily get the Disney Plus app by just navigating to the App Store and downloading it.
Over the past few years, televisions featuring Fire OS have experienced a sharp increase in popularity. You can control Fire OS using the same remote you use to control your television, which eliminates the need to plug your Firestick into an HDMI port.
Disney+ on Firestick gives you a magical experience to watch your favorite content on a big screen. But can you get it for free? Let’s find out:
Can I Watch Disney Plus on Firestick for Free?
Unfortunately, you cannot watch Disney+ for free on Firestick in USA as Disney Plus does not offer a free trial for Firestick devices.
Disney Plus on Firestick cost is US$ 7.99 /mo , and if you get an annual subscription, you have to pay US$ 79.99 /mo . However, you can check some hacks to get Disney Plus free trial on Firestick.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Firestick with a VPN outside USA?
You can easily watch Disney Plus on Firestick by connecting to a US server using a top-tier VPN like ExpressVPN. If you can’t find Disney Plus on Firestick then it means the streaming service is geo-blocked in your region.
Follow these quick steps to get Disney Plus on Firestick outside USA:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service (Recommended: ExpressVPN).
- Download the VPN app on your Firestick.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a US server (Recommended: New York Server).
- Go to the Home screen and click on the Search option in the top left corner.
- Search “Disney Plus” and download the app.
- Open the Disney Plus app > Sign in to your account.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite content on Disney Plus with a VPN abroad.
Pretty frustrating when you’re ready to watch your favorite movie and you get the notification to update your Disney Plus app, right? Don’t worry. Head over to the next section to learn how to automatically update Disney Plus when there’s a new version available.
How to Update Disney Plus on Firestick?
The best way to carry out the Disney Plus Amazon Fire Stick update is to do it automatically from App Store. Here’s how to update Disney Plus on Firestick by activating automatic updates:
- Go to the Firestick home screen and click on “Settings.”
- Head to “Applications.”
- Select “Appstore.”
- Select “Automatic Updates” and change its status to “ON.”
Your Disney Plus Amazon Fire Stick update is done. Now all the apps on your device, including Disney Plus, will update automatically as soon as there’s a new update announced.
You can use the steps above to enjoy the updated Disney+ Firestick combo, or use this method: Visit Settings > My Fire TV > About. Then, click Check for Updates. If any update is available, click Install Update. Your Firestick will reboot instantly and install the update.
Additionally, if you want to reinstall or uninstall Disney Plus because of any reason, navigate to the next section.
How to Uninstall Disney Plus on Firestick?
Do you want to reinstall the app because Disney Plus is not working on Firestick or are you just switching to another streaming platform? Whatever the reason is, here are the easy steps to uninstall Disney Plus on Fire Stick:
- Go to the Firestick Home screen and click on “Settings” in the top-left corner.
- Select “Applications.”
- Head to “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Select the Disney Plus app from the list and uninstall it.
Heard about a rivalry between Amazon and Disney? We have too! But what is it exactly? Let’s find out in the next section.
Amazon Firestick and Disney Plus Rivalry. What I Need to Know?
There was a former dispute between Disney and Amazon, which resulted in a decision that Disney Plus wouldn’t be available on Amazon’s Fire TV OS at launch. This issue arose because the two companies were unable to reach an agreement that allowed Disney Plus to be available on the Amazon App Store.
The disagreement began over advertising space: Amazon wanted to sell ads above the Disney apps, which also included ESPN Plus, but Disney refused to give Amazon that space.
In the end, the outcome didn’t affect the users. So, if you see the question: Will Disney Plus be on Amazon Firestick, then the answer is yes. Amazon Fire TV does support Disney Plus.
Coming onto the next section, let’s find out what Firestick models are compatible with Disney Plus.
What Firestick Models Are Compatible With Disney Plus?
Any Firestick device that has a Fire OS 5.0 or any other later version is compatible with Disney Plus. In addition to this, if you wish to stream Disney Plus in 4K on Firestick, then only the following models are compatible with Disney+ :
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- All other Amazon Fire TVs above 2nd generation
What Other Devices Support Disney Plus Besides Firestick?
|Smartphones, Tablets & Mobiles||
|Browsers on Computers or Laptops||
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Firestick Device in 2023?
Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on Disney+ in 2023:
Best TV Shows on Disney Plus in April 2023
Out of the many addictive TV shows available on Disney Plus, we have listed some worth-watching titles in April 2023:
|The Good Mothers season 1||The Crossover season 1|
|Rennervations season 1||How I Met Your Father season 2|
|American Horror Story season 11||9-1-1: Lone Star season 3|
|Grey’s Anatomy season 19||The Owl House season 3|
Best Movies on Disney Plus in April 2023
Here’s a list of the best movies on Disney Plus in April 2023:
|The Right Words||Stuber – 5 Stars Undercover|
|The Mystery of the Mummy 2||Great Expectations|
|Peter Pan & Wendy||Shutter|
|Queen Elizabeth II: A Royal Life – A Special Edition of 20/20||Candy|
Can I Download Movies and Shows on my Firestick for Offline Viewing?
No, you cannot watch movies and shows on your Firestick for offline viewing because the Firestick app doesn’t support this functionality. However, the Disney Plus iOS and Android apps can download movies and shows to watch offline or on a slow internet connection.
Is Disney Plus not working on Firestick? Head to the next section to know how to fix the most occurring issues.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick?
Is Disney Plus Firestick not working? There are multiple reasons why you’re getting the Disney Plus Firestick not working error. Below are a few of the quick methods to resolve the Disney Plus on Firestick issues:
- Restart the Firestick device. Press Select and Play on your Firestick remote control until your streaming stick switches off and restarts. Once it’s finished, try using Disney Plus again.
- Check your internet speed. Run a speed test and if your internet speed is below 15Mbps, this may be the reason why you’re facing streaming issues. Try switching to cellular data or another ISP and check if you can stream now.
- Restart your router. Restarting your router or modem will often reset the connection and increase speed if your internet is too slow to stream Disney Plus content.
- Update the Firestick app. Check if the Firestick or Disney Plus app needs updating. If it’s outdated, learn how to update Firestick and enjoy Disney+ on it.
- Clear the cache on Firestick. Clearing the cache data can make Firestick and the apps run faster.
- Delete unnecessary apps on Firestick. Try removing other apps or files to make space on your Amazon Fire Stick if the Disney Plus app keeps crashing. Fire Stick apps may occasionally freeze, crash, or perform less efficiently than they normally would due to memory issues.
Moving forward, it’s possible that you still have some questions popping into your big brain which we couldn’t address in this guide. Don’t worry. Head over to the next section for the frequently asked questions about Disney Plus Fire TV.
Can you get Disney Plus on Firestick Lite?
Why is Disney Plus taking so long to load on my Firestick?
What happens if you Jailbreak a Firestick?
Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my Firestick?
How much is Disney app on FireStick?
How do I add Disney Plus to my Firestick?
Why does Disney Plus buffer so much on Firestick?
How to fix Disney Plus on Firestick just spinning issue?
How to fix error code 83 Disney Plus on Firestick?
- Turn your device off and then on again
- Check if Disney Plus is compatible with your device
- Check if your device’s firmware is up to date
- Delete the Disney+ app and reinstall it again from your device’s app store
How to fix Disney Plus on Firestick won’t load issue?
- On the Firestick remote, press and hold the Center key.
- Choose Settings > My Fire TV > Restart.
- Now launch the Disney Plus app and check if the issue is resolved.
How to get Disney Plus on Firestick for free?
How to fix your Disney+ not working on Firestick issue?
How to fix your Disney Plus not loading on Firestick issue?
Does Firestick have Disney Plus?
Setting up and watching Disney Plus on Fire Stick is easy and involves only a few steps if you live in a country where it has been officially launched.
On the other hand, if you’re living in a country where the streaming platform is geo-restricted, then you need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to watch Disney Plus on Firestick with a VPN outside USA.
That’s all for our guide on installing Disney+ on Firestick!
How come you can’t get Disney+ if you have Amazon prime?
As an existing Prime subscriber, you can’t get Disney+ now because this offer ended last year.