Have a Roku device but are not sure if Can I get Disney Plus on Roku? Fret not because we are here! Let’s quickly get you to watch Disney+ on Roku in 6 easy steps in 2022.
You may stream or save offline your all-time favorite movies and series from Marvel, Disney, National Geographic, and Star Wars on Disney+.
Fortunate are the ones who are in countries where Disney+ is officially available as they have access to the streaming service. You can watch Station 19 without restrictions.
However, for other regions where it is not available and you are worried about why the Disney+ app not working since the update to Roku OS 10.5, you may either witness Disney Plus error code 83, Disney+ error code 73, Disney+ Error Code 42 on Roku Express or maybe you entered incorrect Disney+ login code on your device, or simply a message which will prevent you from installing the app:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
The way around it is to use the best Disney Plus VPN.
Can I get Disney Plus on Roku?
Yes, you can get Disney Plus on a variety of Roku TV Models like Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Roku LT (2700X), Roku Express+, and Express. You may have Disney+ on Roku TV from the online Roku store or you can go to the “Streaming Channels” category on the home screen and click the “Movies and TV” option from there.
From streaming your Pixar classics or Star Wars Channel of Disney Plus in Germany or Disney Plus Bolivia, on Xbox to browsing local content on Disney Plus Malaysia to watching the latest TV shows of Disney+ Australia on Apple TV or even Disney+ in Mexico, consider yourself lucky as the above steps are applicable only in the countries where Disney Plus service has launched officially.
In the countries where Disney+ is not supported (as of now), like in Venezuela and Disney+ not working on Chromecast or any other device, you will need a trusted VPN to watch Roku Disney Plus. As the stars would have it, there are no built-in VPNs in the Roku devices. Hence, setting up a VPN on your router or setting up a Smart DNS connection is imperative.
Roku Devices That Support Disney Plus
Following are the Roku devices that do not support the Disney Plus service:
Disney Plus Compatible Devices on Roku
|Roku 1, 2, 3 and 4 Models||Roku Express||Roku Express+||Roku Express 4K|
|4K Roku Premiere||4K Roku Premiere+||4K Roku Ultra||4K Roku Ultra LT|
|4K Roku Streaming Stick+||4K Roku Smart Speaker||Roku TV||Roku Streaming Stick|
|Roku LT 2700X|
It is worth noting that even though you may download the Disney+ app, you will not be able to access the streaming service.
Roku Devices That Do Not Support Disney Plus
Most Roku devices, Roku TV models, and Roku devices support all channels of the Disney Plus streaming service, but if you have any of the following, including the Roku HD model, Roku 2 XS model, Roku 2 HD models, Roku LT, and streaming stick, you’re in for some bad news!
- Roku LT model (2400X & 2450X)
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models (3000X & 3050X)
- Roku Streaming Stick models (3400X & 3420X)
Note: On these unsupported Roku devices Disney+ won’t load on it, and also Disney+ stops working on your TV. when using a Roku device, causing connectivity errors like error 42, error code 14, and error code 83, so don’t be upset about how to solve them. You can learn the solution from our articles.
Best Roku TV Brands Compatible With Disney+
Although Disney Plus streaming service is compatible with a wide variety of devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, and Roku TVs, if you want to find out a particular Roku TV model’s compatibility, then here is the list below:
Roku TV Models that Support Disney Plus
Disney Plus Features on Roku Devices
Though there are extensive features of Disney Plus on Roku, the ones worth mentioning for the latest Roku models and streaming stick are:
- Four simultaneous streams
- Numerous avatars
- 4K streams
- Up to 7 profiles
- Parental controls
- Accessibility options
Besides that, the latest version of 4K Roku Ultra comes with remote control with personalized shortcuts to help you get to your desired content quicker.
How Much does Disney Plus cost on Roku?
The cost of a Disney+ subscription is US$ 7.99 /mo or US$ 79.99 /yr . Although Disney Plus is available for free on Roku, you need an active Disney Plus subscription for streaming all the popular shows like Doctor Lawyer, or movies on any of its channels.
For people who wish to stream advertisement-free content of Hulu with Disney Plus and don’t want to miss their daily dose of sports, then we suggest you purchase a Disney Plus bundle offer with ESPN+ subscription and Hulu for only US$ 12.99 /mo .
The prices remain the same on Xbox, PS4, and other devices.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Roku Device?
Now that you have installed the Disney+ app on your Roku device, do you know what channel to watch on the streaming service? Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on any channel of Disney Plus Roku:
Best TV Shows
- Willow – Episode 3
- The Santa Clauses – Episode 5
- The Mysterious Benedict Society
- The Villains of Valley View
- Raven’s Home
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery – 5 Episodes
- Animal Fight Night (S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6)
- Beyond Magic with DMC (S1)
- Botswana (S1)
- Gigantosaurus (S3, 8 episodes)
- I am Groot
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid – Rodrick Rules
- Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays
- The Territory
- Akashinga: The Brave Ones
- Patagonia Wings
- Beauty and the Beast
- Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again
- Ocean’s Breath
- Shark vs. Tuna
How to Update Disney Plus on Roku?
Follow the step-by-step instruction to Update Displus+ on Roku.
- Press the Home button on the remote of your Roku device.
- Go to settings.
- Select “system” and choose “System Update“.
- Click on “Check” to confirm your Disney+ app update.
How to Cancel Disney Plus on Roku?
There are two ways to cancel a Disney+ subscription on Roku devices:
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Device in 4 Quick Steps
- From the “Home screen,” by pressing the home button and navigating to the Disney+.
- Press the Star/Asterisk button from your Roku remote, and there will be a popup.
- Click on “Manage Subscription,” and it will lead you to a popup that has two options: “Cancel Subscription” and “Leave Unchanged, Exit.”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Website
- Open your web browser and launch the Roku website.
- Click on “Sign in,” located on the top right side of the browser. Then, if your browser keeps you logged in, go to “My Account” from the drop-down menu of the avatar located on the top right side of your browser.
- As soon as you press “Manage Subscriptions,” it will show you the list of channels you have subscribed to.
- Locate Disney+ and click “Unsubscribe”.
Another way to cancel your subscription is to log on to your Disney+ account on the official Disney Plus website, navigate to the “Billing Details” option, and hit “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: If you want to learn how to cancel Disney Plus on other Android and iOS devices, read our detailed guide on cancelling Disney+ subscription.
How to Turn Disney Plus Roku Subtitles On or Off?
The subtitles may be necessary to stream for some, while others may want to turn it off. You can watch Disney Plus’s any channel with or without subtitles. If you’re going to either turn Subtitles On/Off Roku, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney+ app and select the TV show or movie you wish to switch on the subtitles for.
- Once the content opens, press Star/Asterisk from your Roku TV remote.
- A menu will pop up, and navigate to “Closed Captioning/Subtitles.”
- By pressing the right arrow on your Roku remote, you can either switch these on or off.
Even after turning the subtitles off, there have been instances where they keep on popping back up. We suggest you try restarting your device or checking and installing software updates if any.
For a detailed guide: Learn How to Turn on Subtitles on Disney Plus
What Other Streaming Services are Available on Roku?
Following is the list of other streaming services that can be accessed on Roku besides Disney Plus:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV Plus
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
Can I Watch Disney+ in 4K on my Roku Device?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K on the following Roku devices:
- Roku 4
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
Why can’t I find Disney Plus on Roku?
Can’t find Disney Plus on Roku? we have a simple steps solution for you.
- Turn off your device and turn it back on after 2 minutes.
- Or simply go to “settings“.
- Go to the “system” and click “system restart”.
Make sure to update your device to the latest version after the restart.
Why won't Disney Plus work on my Roku?
-Go to “Home”.
-Select “system” then “system update”.
There may be several other reasons, some of them (with their solutions) are briefly mentioned under the blog “Disney Plus not working“.
Is my Roku too old for Disney Plus?
Is Disney Plus available on Roku?
How do I get Disney Plus bundle on Roku?
– The first method is that you can subscribe to the Disney Bundle offer on Hulu’s official website.
– Or, you can directly purchase the subscription from the Disney+ website.
– You can also subscribe to Disney Plus through the ESPN+ website itself.
Once you are done with the purchase, use those credentials to sign in on your Roku.
Why does Disney Plus keep buffering on Roku?
You should contact your ISP if the issue persists.
Is Disney Plus free on Roku?
Is there really no way to restart a Disney Plus movie on Roku?
Chromecast vs. Roku which is better overall and why?
Watching Disney Plus on Roku is relatively simple as long as your device is compatible. While the latest Roku streaming stick models like Roku Express, 4K Roku Ultra, LT 2700X Roku, 4K Roku Premiere, 4K Roku Streaming Stick+ and 4K Roku Smart Speaker support Disney Plus, but, some older models like XS model 3100X Roku, streaming stick models 3400X, Roku LT model 2400X, 2450X Roku, 3050X Roku and Roku HD model 2500X don’t support Disney Plus.
However, suppose you reside in a country where Disney+ officially is not launched. In that case, a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN can sort it out because it offers streaming without buffering, thanks to its multiple server locations.