Have a Roku device but are not sure if Can I get Disney Plus on Roku outside USA? Fret not because we are here! Let’s quickly get you to watch Disney+ on Roku outside USA in 6 easy steps in 2022.
You may stream or save offline your all-time favorite movies and series from Marvel, Disney, National Geographic, and Star Wars on Disney+.
Fortunate are the ones who are outside USA or other countries where Disney+ is officially available as they have access to the streaming service. You can watch Station 19 without restrictions.
However, for other regions where it is not available and you are worried about why the Disney+ app not working since the update to Roku OS 10.5, you may either witness Disney Plus error code 83, Disney+ error code 73, Disney+ Error Code 42 on Roku Express or maybe you entered incorrect Disney+ login code on your device, or simply a message which will prevent you from installing the app:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
The way around it is to use the best Disney Plus VPN.
Can I get Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA?
Yes, you can get Disney Plus on a variety of Roku TV Models outside USA like Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Roku LT (2700X), Roku Express+, and Express. You may have Disney+ on Roku TV from the online Roku store or you can go to the “Streaming Channels” category on the home screen and click the “Movies and TV” option from there.
6 Easy Steps to watch Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA [Buffer-free] in 2022
If you don’t know how to search on Disney Plus on Roku or how to add Disney Plus on Roku and you are worried Is there really no way to restart a Disney Plus movie on Roku? Follow these steps to sign up, install and watch Disney Plus on Roku outside USA in 2022
- Launch your Roku device and press the home button that will take you to the Roku home screen.
- Click on “Streaming Channels” on your screen and press OK.
- Look for “Search Channels” and type Disney+.
- Click on the app and add the channel to begin downloading.
- Once Disney Plus gets added, click “Go to Channel.”
- Login Disney Plus on Roku, and start streaming outside USA.
From streaming your Pixar classics or Star Wars Channel of Disney Plus in Germany or Disney Plus Bolivia, on Xbox to browsing local content on Disney Plus Malaysia to watching the latest TV shows of Disney+ Australia on Apple TV or even Disney+ in Mexico, consider yourself lucky as the above steps are applicable only in the countries where Disney Plus service has launched officially.
In the countries where Disney+ is not supported (as of now), like in Venezuela and Disney+ not working on Chromecast or any other device, you will need a trusted VPN to watch Roku Disney Plus. As the stars would have it, there are no built-in VPNs in the Roku devices. Hence, setting up a VPN on your router or setting up a Smart DNS connection is imperative.
For Roku users who reside in Disney+ unsupported countries, we highly recommend ExpressVPN quite simply because it is the best VPN to watch Disney Plus
In addition to this, a VPN will allow you to stream Disney Plus on PS4, Smart TVs, Roku streaming stick 4K, and other devices such as Nintendo Devices, Chromecast, Xbox One, Firestick, iOS, and Android. Apart from the devices mentioned earlier, watching Disney Plus on Smart TV and other TVs such as Apple TV is also possible with a VPN.
To learn more, skip to the section: “How to watch Disney+ on Roku in a Geo-Restricted Region.”
Roku Devices That Support Disney Plus Outside USA
Following are the Roku devices that do not support the Disney Plus service outside USA:
Disney Plus Compatible Devices on Roku
|Roku 1, 2, 3 and 4 Models||Roku Express||Roku Express+||Roku Express 4K|
|4K Roku Premiere||4K Roku Premiere+||4K Roku Ultra||4K Roku Ultra LT|
|4K Roku Streaming Stick+||4K Roku Smart Speaker||Roku TV||Roku Streaming Stick|
|Roku LT 2700X|
It is worth noting that even though you may download the Disney+ app, you will not be able to access the streaming service.
Roku Devices That Do Not Support Disney Plus Outside USA
Most Roku devices, Roku TV models, and Roku devices support all channels of the Disney Plus streaming service outside USA, but if you have any of the following, including the Roku HD model, Roku 2 XS model, Roku 2 HD models, Roku LT, and streaming stick, you’re in for some bad news!
- Roku LT model (2400X & 2450X)
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models (3000X & 3050X)
- Roku Streaming Stick models (3400X & 3420X)
Note: On these unsupported Roku devices Disney+ won’t load on it, and also Disney+ stops working on your TV. when using a Roku device, causing connectivity errors like error 42, error code 14, and error code 83, so don’t be upset about how to solve them. You can learn the solution from our articles.
Best Roku TV Brands Compatible With Disney+ Outside USA
Although Disney Plus streaming service is compatible with a wide variety of devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, and Roku TVs, if you want to find out a particular Roku TV model’s compatibility outside USA, then here is the list below:
Roku TV Models that Support Disney Plus
How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA?
Yes, it is possible to watch Disney Plus on Roku devices from a geo-restricted region (outside USA).
To elaborate further, if you attempt to watch Disney+ in a restricted region on your Roku device or Smart TV, it won’t happen! Similarly, streaming the Pixar channel on your Apple TV (or any other country where Disney Plus is not officially launched) won’t be possible because of content geo-restrictions and Roku no longer works with Disney+ and you will face issues on Disney Plus loading.
The good news is that watching your favourite series on the Star Wars channel, Disney+ TV shows and movies from such regions is now possible. All you need to do is get Disney Plus by a simple download, set up a VPN on your Roku device, and start streaming Disney Plus from anywhere globally be carefree about How do add Disney Plus to your Roku account? The access is that simple! Here is how you can do this:
Set up US Roku Account
You can skip this step if you already have a US Roku account.
- First, download and subscribe to ExpressVPN (The best VPN for fast & buffer-free streaming) on your Windows device to watch Disney Plus.
- Now open the ExpressVPN app and sign in with your account username and password.
- Continue to scroll to the USA server option and click it.
- Now head to # to create a US account.
- Select the United States as your country, then type US Zipcode, such as 90210, 10005, 92803.
- Congratulations, you created your US Roku account successfully.
Set Up Virtual Router on Your Windows
- First, click on the Windows Logo > Settings > Network & Internet and then turn on the Mobile hotspot option (Make sure you are not connected with the VPN server while setting up a virtual router).
- Now ser Wi-Fi under the, “Share my Internet Connection” option.
- Here you would be required to create a new network and password. To do so, click on the “Edit” option.
- Now below “Related Settings,” click “Change Adapter Options.”
- Scroll to the “Network Connections” screen, and copy the name of the connection you created a few seconds before.
- Hover the cursor on “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter,” press right-click, and then select the “Properties” option.
- Now in properties, click on the “Sharing” tab and box to allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- Select the name of the internet connection you created from the drop-down menu and click “OK.”
- You are then required to connect to the USA server in your ExpressVPN app (ExpressVPN recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC & New York).
- Now it’s time to connect your Roku device to your new US-server-based virtual router.
Connect Roku to Virtual Router & Watch Disney+ Outside USA
- Launch your Roku device, and from the Roku home screen, head to “Settings” from the side menu and then “Network.”
- From there, now select the “Wireless (Wi-Fi)” option.
- You will see “Choose your Network,” select the VPN-enabled virtual router (that you set up earlier), type in your login credentials, and wait for the process.
- Press the home button to head to Roku’s home screen and select “Streaming Channels,” located on the left side of the screen.
- Now search for “Disney Plus” and download it by selecting the “Add Channel” option to get Disney Plus.
- Once you install Disney Plus, log in to your Disney Plus account in the app.
- Stream your desired TV shows & movies of Disney+ on Roku in an unsupported country.
Note: Bear in mind that using a VPN does not mean that you can watch free content on the Disney+ Roku app. A free VPN service only allows you to access the Disney Plus service in an unsupported country by changing your IP address with the one where it is available, such as Disney+ in the USA, and Disney+ in UK. With ExpressVPN, you can also watch Korean Dramas on Disney+ and Crazy Love from anywhere.
Additionally, just like other streaming services, Disney+ offers its dedicated app for all the major streaming devices, including streaming Chromecast devices, iOS, Android devices, stick 4K Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Firestick, PS4, Xbox device, and Apple TV.
Disney Plus Features on Roku Devices Outside USA
Though there are extensive features of Disney Plus on Roku, the ones worth mentioning for the latest Roku models and streaming stick outside USA are:
- Four simultaneous streams
- Numerous avatars
- 4K streams
- Up to 7 profiles
- Parental controls
- Accessibility options
Besides that, the latest version of 4K Roku Ultra comes with remote control with personalized shortcuts to help you get to your desired content quicker.
How Much does Disney Plus cost on Roku Outside USA?
The cost of a Disney+ subscription is US$ 7.99 /mo or US$ 79.99 /yr . Although Disney Plus is available for free on Roku, you need an active Disney Plus subscription for streaming all the popular shows like Doctor Lawyer, or movies on any of its channels.
For people who wish to stream advertisement-free content of Hulu with Disney Plus and don’t want to miss their daily dose of sports, then we suggest you purchase a Disney Plus bundle plan with ESPN+ subscription and Hulu for only US$ 12.99 /mo .
The prices remain the same on Xbox, PS4, and other devices.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Roku Device Outside USA?
Now that you have installed the Disney+ app on your Roku device outside USA, do you know what channel to watch on the streaming service? Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on any channel of Disney Plus Roku:
Best TV Shows
- Willow – Episode 3
- The Santa Clauses – Episode 5
- The Mysterious Benedict Society
- The Villains of Valley View
- Raven’s Home
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery – 5 Episodes
- Animal Fight Night (S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6)
- Beyond Magic with DMC (S1)
- Botswana (S1)
- Gigantosaurus (S3, 8 episodes)
- I am Groot
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid – Rodrick Rules
- Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays
- The Territory
- Akashinga: The Brave Ones
- Patagonia Wings
- Beauty and the Beast
- Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again
- Ocean’s Breath
- Shark vs. Tuna
How to Update Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA?
Follow the step-by-step instruction to Update Displus+ on Roku outside USA.
- Press the Home button on the remote of your Roku device.
- Go to settings.
- Select “system” and choose “System Update“.
- Click on “Check” to confirm your Disney+ app update.
How to Cancel Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA?
There are two ways to cancel a Disney+ subscription on Roku devices outside USA:
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Device in 4 Quick Steps
- From the “Home screen,” by pressing the home button and navigating to the Disney+.
- Press the Star/Asterisk button from your Roku remote, and there will be a popup.
- Click on “Manage Subscription,” and it will lead you to a popup that has two options: “Cancel Subscription” and “Leave Unchanged, Exit.”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Website
- Open your web browser and launch the Roku website.
- Click on “Sign in,” located on the top right side of the browser. Then, if your browser keeps you logged in, go to “My Account” from the drop-down menu of the avatar located on the top right side of your browser.
- As soon as you press “Manage Subscriptions,” it will show you the list of channels you have subscribed to.
- Locate Disney+ and click “Unsubscribe”.
Another way to cancel your subscription is to log on to your Disney+ account on the official Disney Plus website, navigate to the “Billing Details” option, and hit “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: If you want to learn how to cancel Disney Plus on other Android and iOS devices, read our detailed guide on cancelling Disney+ subscription.
How to Turn Disney Plus Roku Subtitles On or Off Outside USA?
The subtitles may be necessary to stream for some, while others may want to turn it off. You can watch Disney Plus’s any channel with or without subtitles. If you’re going to either turn Subtitles On/Off Roku, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney+ app and select the TV show or movie you wish to switch on the subtitles for.
- Once the content opens, press Star/Asterisk from your Roku TV remote.
- A menu will pop up, and navigate to “Closed Captioning/Subtitles.”
- By pressing the right arrow on your Roku remote, you can either switch these on or off.
Even after turning the subtitles off, there have been instances where they keep on popping back up. We suggest you try restarting your device or checking and installing software updates if any.
For a detailed guide: Learn How to Turn on Subtitles on Disney Plus
What Other Streaming Services are Available on Roku Outside USA?
Following is the list of other streaming services that can be accessed on Roku besides Disney Plus outside USA:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV Plus
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
Can I Watch Disney+ in 4K on my Roku Device Outside USA?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K on the following Roku devices outside USA:
- Roku 4
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
Why can’t I find Disney Plus on Roku Outside USA?
Can’t find Disney Plus on Roku outside USA? we have a simple steps solution for you.
- Turn off your device and turn it back on after 2 minutes.
- Or simply go to “settings“.
- Go to the “system” and click “system restart”.
Make sure to update your device to the latest version after the restart.
Why won’t Disney Plus work on my Roku outside USA?
-Go to “Home”.
-Select “system” then “system update”.
There may be several other reasons, some of them (with their solutions) are briefly mentioned under the blog “Disney Plus not working“.
Is my Roku too old for Disney Plus?
Is Disney Plus available on Roku outside USA?
How do I get Disney Plus bundle on Roku outside USA?
– The first method is that you can subscribe to the Disney Bundle offer on Hulu’s official website.
– Or, you can directly purchase the subscription from the Disney+ website.
– You can also subscribe to Disney Plus through the ESPN+ website itself.
Once you are done with the purchase, use those credentials to sign in on your Roku.
Why does Disney Plus keep buffering on Roku?
You should contact your ISP if the issue persists.
Is Disney Plus free on Roku outside USA?
Is there really no way to restart a Disney Plus movie on Roku?
Chromecast vs. Roku which is better overall and why?
Watching Disney Plus on Roku outside USA is relatively simple as long as your device is compatible. While the latest Roku streaming stick models like Roku Express, 4K Roku Ultra, LT 2700X Roku, 4K Roku Premiere, 4K Roku Streaming Stick+ and 4K Roku Smart Speaker support Disney Plus, but, some older models like XS model 3100X Roku, streaming stick models 3400X, Roku LT model 2400X, 2450X Roku, 3050X Roku and Roku HD model 2500X don’t support Disney Plus.
However, suppose you reside in a country where Disney+ officially is not launched. In that case, a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN can sort it out because it offers streaming without buffering, thanks to its multiple server locations.
Leave a Reply