Unfortunately, you cannot watch ESPN Plus outside USA unless you use the best ESPN Plus VPN – because the Walt Disney Company enforces geo-restrictions to adhere to country-wise regulations and laws. We recommend using ExpressVPN to catch up on your favorite sports events on ESPN+ outside USA.
What is ESPN+ outside USA? ESPN is a sports streaming service with live events and on-demand series like E:60 and 30 for 30. Subscribers also get access to exclusive ESPN+ live games and original events like NBA, UFC, and NHL. But there’s no ESPN Plus free trial to test the service.
That’s why fans of UFC MMA, soccer, boxing, and golf often ask: can I watch ESPN Plus outside USA and does ESPN+ work with a VPN? Yes, you can watch ESPN+ outside USA but only with a US IP address. Read on to learn our best VPNs for streaming ESPN+ and how to fix ESPN not working outside USA issues.
How to Watch ESPN Plus Outside USA With a VPN in 2023 [5 Easy Steps]
Most sports fans ask, can I watch ESPN Plus outside USA? Yes, you can watch ESPN Plus outside USA with a VPN by following these five easy steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service. We highly recommend ExpressVPN for its reliable servers.
- Download the VPN app for your device.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Go to the official ESPN+ website and sign up for the service. Alternatively, go to the ESPN Plus login page to sign in if you already have an account.
- Access the ESPN player and stream your favorite sports shows and live events outside USA!
Tip: If these steps don’t work even after using the best VPN for ESPN Plus, check out the common troubleshooting tips for ESPN+ not working error.
Can I Watch ESPN+ Outside USA? Why a VPN is Required?
No, you cannot watch ESPN+outside USA because of geo-restrictions which is why a premium VPN subscription like ExpressVPN is required.
Thus, the answer to how to watch ESPN Plus internationally and how to watch ESPN in Europe (outside USA) is a VPN. It works by changing your location to the US, allowing you to watch ESPN+ without any restrictions.
Any attempt to access the streaming service without a VPN ends with the “ESPN Plus not available in your country” or “we’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred” message. This message appears due to geo-restrictions that detect and block your IP address which shows where you are:
We recommend using ExpressVPN as it has reliable servers in the United States. These servers change the IP address of your device every time you connect. In this case, your device is assigned a US IP address when you connect to a VPN server in the US.
We accessed the ESPN+ content library instead of receiving an error message when connected to the New York server. However, you can’t use any VPN to watch ESPN Plus without cable TV, and the next section highlights our three best choices.
Best VPNs for Streaming ESPN Plus Outside USA [Quick Overview]
Most people who struggle with watching ESPN Plus outside USA do so because of using a low-quality VPN. Here are our three best VPNs to watch ESPN+ outside USA:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch ESPN Plus outside USA. The VPN offers the best ESPN+ streaming experience with highly optimized servers that ensure buffer-free access without server disconnections. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Most Affordable VPN to Stream ESPN Plus outside USA. Offers unlimited simultaneous connections and budget-friendly subscription plans. Strict no-logs policy and costs US$ 2.21 /mo (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription).
- NordVPN – Fastest VPN for ESPN Plus outside USA. Delivers the fastest connections for streaming ESPN+ in HD, thanks to its NordLynx protocol. Ensures faster and more secure connections while streaming region-locked services like ESPN Plus.
Want to know more? Check out our in-depth VPN analysis!
How to Get ESPN+ Subscription Outside USA in 2023? [4 Different ways]
We’ve demonstrated how to watch ESPN Plus internationally with a VPN, but you’ll need a subscription to enjoy the content. Unlike most US streaming services, you can’t get an ESPN Plus free trial, but here are four ways to subscribe to the service easily:
How to Get ESPN Plus Subscription Using a US-Based Credit Card Outside USA?
You can use this method if you have a friend or relative in the US who can share his or her credit card details. Here are the steps to follow:
- Subscribe to the best ESPN Plus VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server in the United States. We recommend the New York server.
- Go to ESPN+ and select subscribe to ESPN+ only.
- Enter your details to create an account and choose your subscription package.
- Key in your friend’s or relative’s US credit card details.
- Click “Buy ESPN” and pay for the service.
- Check if the billing information and renewal date are okay.
- Hit Get Started to start your ESPN+ streaming experience!
How to Get ESPN Plus Subscription Using Gift Cards Outside USA?
ESPN+ is a United States sports streaming platform and only allows payments from the US. However, we’ve discovered that you can use an ESPN+ Gift subscription, but you’ll still need to reach out to a friend or relative in the US. Here are the steps to follow:
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription and connect to a US server (Recommended: New York Server).
- Go to giftsubscription.espnplus.com and purchase the 1-year subscription gift card.
- Enter the recipient and sender information and click “Save and Continue.”
- Pay using friend or relative’s payment details, i.e., US PayPal or credit card.
- Receive the gift code in your email, which you’ll redeem when creating a new account.
- Follow the instructions to redeem the gift code, and you’re done.
- Access the ESPN Player and enjoy streaming live sports on ESPN+ outside USA!
How to Get ESPN Plus Subscription Using Google Play Store Outside USA?
ESPN+ accepts in-store purchases on its Android app, so you can pay ESPN+ with your Google Play Gift Card. If you don’t have a US mode of payment, you can simply use the Google Play Store gift card and subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA:
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a server in the US, preferably the New York server.
- Create a new Gmail with the US as your country of residence.
- Go to Play Store, sign in with your newly created Gmail, and install the ESPN Plus app.
- Before proceeding ahead, you need to add funds to your Google Account via a Google Play gift code from Amazon.
- Launch the ESPN+ app and select “Subscribe.”
- Use a Google Play gift card to pay for your ESPN+ subscription.
- Enjoy watching ESPN content outside USA.
How to Get ESPN+ Outside USA Using Your Apple Account?
The ESPN+ app supports in-app purchases, so you can subscribe to ESPN+ using your iTunes account or any other Apple-supported mode of payment as follows:
- Subscribe to the best ESPN+ VPN, ExpressVPN.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings, tap on your profile > Media and Purchases > Change your country or region to the US.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and go to the App Store.
- Log out of your iTunes account, then log back in to view the US App Store.
- Buy an Apple Gift Card from Amazon.
- Download the ESPN+ App and select “Subscribe Now” once you have sufficient funds in your Apple account.
- Select your preferred package, pay using the Apple gift card through iTunes and watch ESPN+ outside USA.
Now that you know the recommended methods of paying the ESPN+ subscription outside USA, check out how much does ESPN+ cost:
How Much Does ESPN+ Cost Outside USA?
ESPN is an affordable sports streaming platform and here’s how much it costs:
|ESPN monthly plan||$9.99|
|ESPN yearly plan||$99.99|
|ESPN+ with Disney Plus and Hulu||$13.99|
ESPN+ provides exclusive UFC access for $70 to subscribers, but you can subscribe to a one-year ESPN+ plan and a single PPV match for $89.98. If you want to know more about ESPN+ pricing plans and deals you can check out our in-depth guide on ESPN+ pricing. The streaming service does not offer a free trial, unlike many other services available today, however, you can use various hacks to get ESPN Plus free trial.
Note: If you feel it is expensive at any point, then you can cancel the ESPN+ subscription within minutes without any hassle.
The following section is a detailed analysis of our top three VPNs for ESPN+ outside USA
Top 3 VPNs to Watch ESPN+ Outside USA [In-Depth Analysis]
ESPN+ is an American sports streaming platform and only works with a premium VPN. Here’s how to watch ESPN Plus outside USA with our top three VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Streaming ESPN Plus Outside USA
- Unique MediaStreamer feature
- Network Lock Kill Switch
- Lightway protocol for secure and speedier connections
- 30-day refund guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for ESPN Plus outside USA, thanks to its reliable US server network that ensures buffer-free access with zero server disconnections. All 3000+ servers in 94 countries are optimized for streaming, and the 24 US server locations deliver unmatched performance.
As icing on the cake, ExpressVPN supports all streaming devices thanks to the MediaStreamer feature that lets you stream on devices that don’t natively support VPN apps.
While connected to the US New York server, ExpressVPN has never let us down when streaming La Liga and FA Cup.
ExpressVPN won’t slow down your connection, and it delivers 92.26Mbps download speed and 89.45Mbps upload speed on a 100Mbps connection.
You cannot question the unblocking capability of ExpressVPN as it bypasses every geo-restriction there is. We’ve never experienced any problem accessing ESPN+ in South Africa, Spain, or Germany too.
The VPN secures your connection with Private DNS on every server and ensures zero DNS blocking, hijacking, or filtering. ExpressVPN only allows five simultaneous connections on Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Windows.
ExpressVPN is available for US$ 6.67 /mo (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- New York
- Washington DC
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch ESPN+ Outside USA
- Secures every connection with IKEv2/IPsec protocols
- Has NoBorders Mode that allows streaming ESPN+ from any country
- Encrypts your internet so no one can access your data
- Camouflage Mode that even your ISP can’t track your online activities
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to watch ESPN+ outside USA as it comes at a reasonable price of US$ 2.21 /mo (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription) and gets a 30-day money-back guarantee. The VPN has 3200+ servers in 100 countries around the world, with 600+ in the US.
We connected to the LA server during testing and streamed countless Bundesliga and La Liga matches. As Ultimate Fighting fans, we streamed some of the biggest UFC fights without interruption.
Surfshark isn’t as fast as ExpressVPN or NordVPN, but it reaches 88.48Mbps download speed and 79.42Mbps upload speed on our 100Mbps network.
Surfshark matches the pricier VPN with its unblocking capability, and you won’t have any problem accessing ESPN Puerto Rico. You can watch American Netflix from anywhere, ABC outside USA, and Disney+ with Surfshark. The VPN has a Smart DNS feature which we tested on a VIDAA Smart TV, and it worked perfectly.
You can stream ESPN+ using Surfshark on Linux, iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows operating systems. More so, the VPN allows unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account.
Subscribers get top security features with Surfshark, such as AES-256-GCM encryption and a Kill Switch for securing sensitive data and activities.
- Los Angeles
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN to watch ESPN+ Outside USA
- Lightweight browser extensions for streaming ESPN+
- NordLynx protocol for faster and more secure connections
- Onion Over VPN for better protection and enhanced anonymity
- Fastest connection speeds
NordVPN is famous for being the fastest VPN to watch ESPN+ outside USA and records the fastest download and upload speeds on our network. The VPN is also known for having an extensive server network of 5500+ servers in 60 countries around the world, with an incredible 1970+ servers in the US.
Choosing the best server on NordVPN is daunting, but the United States #8947 server delivers reliable performance. We connected to this server to watch Stephen A’s World and O.J.: Made in America, and it didn’t buffer once in HD.
On a 100Mbps connection, NordVPN delivers 93.42Mbps download speed and 97.68Mbps upload speed on a 100Mbps network.
NordVPN is a robust VPN and unblocks BBC iPlayer in USA, Showtime outside USA, Fox Sports outside USA, and The CW from anywhere outside USA. We’ve also used Disney+ with NordVPN to watch our favorite Disney shows and movies.
NordVPN supports six simultaneous connections on Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. That’s not all; the VPN has the SmartPlay feature for streaming devices that don’t allow VPN app installation. These devices include Raspberry Pi, Roku, Firestick, non-Android Smart TVs, etc.
You get top-notch security features with a NordVPN subscription, such as a dedicated IP, Meshnet, Threat Protection, and a Dark Web Monitor.
NordVPN is available for US$ 5.49 /mo (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription) and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- United States #8947
- United States #5831
- United States #5612
Can You Watch ESPN Plus Without TV Provider?
Yes, you can watch ESPN Plus without a TV provider. But, if you wonder how to watch ESPN Plus on cable and want to add cable TV channel access, then go for the cable bundle through Hulu if you got ESPN Plus via the Disney Bundle.
You can use streaming services with ESPN+ to bypass the need for a cable provider to stream ESPN+. Here are the top streaming services you can watch ESPN Plus without TV provider:
- Watch ESPN Plus on Hulu
- Sling TV
- Watch ESPN Plus on YouTube TV
- Film TV
- Fubo TV
- Hulu Disney Plus Bundle
- Hulu + Live TV
- AT&T TV
Now that can you watch ESPN Plus without TV provider is no longer a concern, let’s see what you can watch on ESPN+ outside USA
Best Sports on ESPN+ Outside USA in 2023
Unlike other sports streaming services dedicated to sports, ESPN Plus spices things up with live events, documentaries, movies, and TV shows. Here’s what’s available with an ESPN+ subscription:
Best Sports to Watch on ESPN Plus Outside USA
ESPN+ is known for its live sports events, and here are some of the best ones to watch with a VPN outside USA in 2023:
|La Liga||College Football|
|NHL||Men’s College Hoops|
|PGA Tour||Women’s College Hoops|
|Top Rank Boxing||FA Cup|
|NBA G League||Cricket|
|NLL||Big 12 Now|
Best ESPN+ Shows to Watch Outside USA
Here are some of the best shows to watch on ESPN+:
|Peyton’s Places||Rowdy’s Places|
|Flight of the Mayflowers||Up Close|
|Abby’s Places||NBA Rooks|
|Bart & Hahn||More Than an Athlete|
|America’s Caddie||Man In the Arena|
|In the Crease||Jessica Jones|
|The Simpsons||ESPN FC|
|30 For 30||NBA Crosscourt|
|High School Musical||The Fantasy Show|
|Miles to Go||Bettor Days|
Best ESPN+ Documentaries to Watch Outside USA
ESPN+ has a great collection of sports documentaries thanks to its abundant original programs and exclusive content. Here are the best ESPN+ documentaries:
|June 17th, 1994||The Paterno Legacy|
|Man in the Arena: Tom Brady||Nature Boy|
|You Don’t Know Bo||30 for 30 Shorts|
|No Cross Over: The Trial of Allen Iverson||Basketball: A Love Story|
|Unrivaled: Red Wings v Avalanche||Mack Wrestles|
|Once Brothers||The Two Escobars|
What is Popular to Watch on ESPN+?
Here are some of the best sports events on ESPN+ to watch:
Which Devices are Compatible to Stream ESPN+ Outside USA?
You can find an ESPN+ for your favorite streaming device, and here are some of the supported devices:
- Android phones and tablets
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Windows devices
- Portal TV
- Apple iPhones and iPads
- Amazon FireStick
- Android TV devices
- Xfinity Flex and X1 TV Box
- Apple tvOS
- Oculus Go
The following section shows you how to watch ESPN Plus outside USA on popular devices.
How to Watch ESPN Plus Outside USA on Different Devices?
Here are the steps to watch ESPN Plus outside USA on the following devices:
How to Watch ESPN+ on Android Outside USA?
You can watch ESPN+ outside USA on an Android device, and here are the steps to follow:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, the best VPN for ESPN+ outside USA.
- Connect to a server in the US, preferably the New York server.
- Log out of your existing Google Play account.
- Create a new Gmail with the region set to the US.
- Sign in to the Google Play Store with the new email.
- Download and install the ESPN+ app.
- Provide your ESPN Plus login details.
- Access the ESPN+ library and watch your favorite sports events, documentaries, shows, etc.
How to Watch ESPN+ on iPhone/iPad Outside USA?
Follow these steps to stream ESPN+ on an iPad or iPhone device:
- Go to Settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID, then Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account and sign in to your account.
- Go to Country/Region and change to the US.
- Launch ExpressVPN and connect to a server in the US.
- Go to the App Store to get the ESPN+ app.
- Download and install the app.
- Enter your ESPN Plus login details and start streaming.
How to Watch ESPN+ on PC/Laptop Outside USA?
You don’t need an app to watch ESPN Plus on your PC or laptop because you can access the content from a browser. Here are the steps to follow to get ESPN+ on your laptop or PC:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install it on your PC or laptop.
- Launch the app and connect to a US server.
- Go to the official ESPN+ website and sign in.
- Select a sports event, show, film, or documentary on ESPN+ and start streaming.
How to Watch ESPN+ on Firestick Outside USA?
You don’t need any other device to watch ESPN+ outside USA if you own an Amazon Fire TV/Firestick. Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your Firestick to your TV and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Country Settings and switch to the US. Add any valid US zip code like 90210.
- Click Update.
- Go to the Amazon App Store and download ExpressVPN.
- Log in with your credentials and connect to a server in the US.
- Go back to the Amazon App Store and download the ESPN Plus app.
- Log in and start streaming.
How to Watch ESPN+ on Smart TVs and Gaming Consoles Outside USA?
ESPN+ works on many streaming devices, including Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, and non-Android Smart TVs like Apple TV. Here are the steps to get the app working on your device:
- Configure ExpressVPN on your router.
- Connect your gaming console, smart TV, Roku, etc., to the VPN-enabled router.
- Go to your device’s App Store and download the ESPN app.
- Launch the app and go to Settings, then Account Information.
- Log in to your ESPN Plus account to receive an activation code.
- Go to www.espn.com/watch/activate on your PC or phone to activate the device.
- Once the account gets activated, you’ll get a confirmation code on your device, and you’ll be redirected to the ESPN+ content library.
- Start streaming your ESPN+ favorites.
How to Fix ESPN Plus not Working Outside USA in 2023?
Don’t worry if you receive the ESPN Plus not working error when streaming outside USA with a premium VPN because there are a few fixes to try. Try these ESPN+ quick fixes:
- Go to the browser settings and allow ESPN+ pop-ups.
- Force close the app and relaunch it.
- Clear the ESPN+ app cache.
- Check your internet connection.
- Log out of your ESPN+ account and sign back in.
- Update the ESPN+ app.
Access ESPN Plus from Other Countries
You can access and watch ESPN+outside USAby using a VPN, below is the list of some of the countries:
|ESPN Plus in Mexico||ESPN Plus in Argentina|
|ESPN Plus in France||ESPN Plus in Costa Rica|
|ESPN in South Africa||ESPN Plus in Germany|
|ESPN Plus in New Zealand||ESPN Plus in Puerto Rico|
Is ESPN+ worth the money?
Is ESPN Plus on Amazon Prime?
Does Peacock have ESPN Plus?
Does ESPN+ work with VPN?
How to watch ESPN Plus for free outside USA? Is free trial available?
Can I use a free VPN to unblock ESPN Plus outside USA?
Is it legal to watch ESPN+ with a VPN outside USA?
Does ESPN+ allow you to watch all your teams’ games? Even though I'm local to my team, some games are blackout. Will getting ESPN plus stop that, or will there still be games I can't watch?
Why doesn’t ESPN+ work with a VPN?
Switch to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to unblock ESPN+ without interruptions.
Wrapping it Up!
That’s how to watch ESPN Plus outside USA. ESPN+ is a top sports streaming service in the US and is affordable at only $9.99 per month. The service doesn’t work outside USA, but you can use a VPN to bypass its geo-restrictions.
If you’re in a location where the ESPN Plus not available in your country error is bound to occur, then you need to find a way to pay for the service because it only allows US payments. Get ExpressVPN, our recommended streaming VPN, to watch ESPN Plus outside USA. The VPN will enable you to stream your ESPN Plus favorites wherever you are worldwide.
Leave a Reply