What is BBC iPlayer, and can you access it from Content – outside UK? You cannot watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK because the content is unavailable for people outside the UK. To enjoy it, you’ll need to switch your location from your country to the United Kingdom with a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
BBC iPlayer is home to some of the best British content, like a Very British Scandal and the hit series, Peaky Blinders. Sadly, you cannot watch BBC shows if you’re physically outside the United Kingdom because of geo-restrictions.
That’s why people want answers to “can i watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK?”, “How to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK?” and “how to use BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK?” You can already have the BBC iPlayer app installed on your device, but you cannot access any of the content from outside the United Kingdom.
But will there be a BBC iPlayer release date outside the UK? There are no plans to extend BBC iPlayer coverage to the international market. So, how to get BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK? You’ll need a reliable BBC iPlayer VPN like ExpressVPN with optimized servers in the UK to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK. You’ve come to the right place because we’ll show you how to watch BBC live outside UK with the best VPNs for streaming BBC iPlayer.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK Easily in 2023 [Quick Steps]
BBC iPlayer doesn’t work outside the UK, but here’s how to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK with a VPN:
- Get a VPN with fast and stable servers in the UK. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN on your device and log in with your username and password.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website or the BBC iPlayer app and sign in.
- Watch BBC shows, movies, etc., Content – outside UK in any country.
You’ll still need a VPN to subscribe to BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK. Already have an account? Here’s how to download and watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on various devices.
Best Video Tutorial Guide For How To Watch BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK
It’s impossible to watch BBC iPlayer outside UK without VPN. We’ve included a well-detailed video showing you how to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK with our recommended VPN, ExpressVPN.
What are the Best VPNs for Streaming BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK [Quick Overview]
It’s not easy to bypass BBC iPlayer’s geo-restrictions, so you need to test a few premium VPNs to find one that works best. Luckily, we know everything about VPNs, and here are our top picks:
|Apps||Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android||iOS, Android, Linux, macOS, Windows||macOS, Windows, Android, Linux, iOS|
|Speed on 100Mbps Network||92.26Mbps download speed and 89.45Mbps upload speed||88.48Mbps download speed and 79.42Mbps upload speed||93.42Mbps download speed and 87.68Mbps upload speed|
|Best Price||GB£ 5.39 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)||GB£ 1.79 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)||GB£ 4.44 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription)|
Learn more about these three VPNs in our in-depth analysis section.
Can I watch BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK? Why is a VPN Required?
No, you cannot watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK unless you subscribe to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN, as there’s no BBC iPlayer outside UK because of the geo-blocks.
You can access the BBC iPlayer website How to Watch BBC iPlayer Content Outside UK in 2023 [Best Hacks], but any attempt to stream content ends with this error message:
This message comes up because your American IP address is blocked from accessing the BBC iPlayer content library.
There are several methods of changing your IP address to a UK one to stream BBC iPlayer content, but a VPN offers the best solution. A VPN changes your location and secures your connection so no one can track your online activities. Thus, the answer to how to watch BBC live Content – outside UK is a VPN. BBC iPlayer is a region-restricted website only available in the United Kingdom. Luckily, you can stream BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK free with a VPN.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Watching BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK?
A VPN is the best app for unblocking geo-restricted sites if you want to know how to use BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK in other countries, such as to access BBC iPlayer in France without unnecessary interruptions. But, with so many VPN providers claiming to be the best, it can take time to decide which one to get.
To help you choose the best VPNs for watching BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK, we’ve listed the main factors to consider while selecting a VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK:
- Reliable Server Network: A VPN with a good server network, including reliable servers in the UK, should be considered. We’ve selected VPNs that have reliable servers in the UK.
- Faster Network Connections: Most VPN providers, especially free ones, have outdated protocols and take time while connecting to their servers. High-speed VPN must be used with modern protocols.
- Features and Security: Ideally, a VPN with an advanced encryption protocol must be used that ensure maximum online anonymity and security. A VPN should’ve features like AES 256-bit encryption protocols, DNS leak protection, and straightforward privacy policies.
- Doesn’t keep Logs: A VPN that ensures your browsing history is private and doesn’t keep any logs should be selected.
- Supported Apps for different Streaming devices: A VPN with compatible apps on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android should be selected so that you can watch BBC iPlayer on all your favorite streaming devices without any hassle.
- 24/7 Chat Support: We’ve checked that the VPNs have good customer support ratings so that you can get your issues resolved in no time and ensures trouble-free streaming.
Top 3 VPNs for BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK in 2023 [In-Depth Analysis]
As we’ve seen, you cannot access BBC iPlayer outside UK without VPN, and after an extensive streaming exercise, the following are our three best VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK
- Buffer-free streaming with zero disconnections
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- MediaStreamer feature
- Five simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Get ExpressVPN if you’re looking for a VPN that never fails to unblock BBC iPlayer while offering fast connections and no server disconnections. It’s our recommended VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer outside UK through its five optimized UK servers. Overall, ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries.
ExpressVPN doesn’t have the most servers for streaming BBC iPlayer, but the five available options are enough to surpass your streaming needs. The servers can handle many users without any effect on the streaming experience. We connected to the East London server during testing and streamed The Tourist and Four Lives without delay.
No other VPN can match ExpressVPN on unblocking capabilities as it easily bypasses Hulu’s geo-restrictions in Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, and Disney+ in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc. It has the MediaStreamer feature, which makes it the best VPN to get BBC iPlayer outside UK on older devices like iPad 3. You can also use Disney+ with ExpressVPN.
The VPN offers lightning-quick connectivity supported by a network built for speed utilizing next-gen technology. ExpressVPN delivers 92.26Mbps download speed and 89.45Mbps upload speed on a 100Mbps network.
ExpressVPN offers advanced security features like running its Private DNS on every server to make your connections faster and safer. It also provides the best-in-class encryption with the AES-256 standard and Lightway Protocol.
ExpressVPN has easy-to-use apps for Linux, Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. It supports five simultaneous connections, but you can install it on a router to cover all your devices.
Get ExpressVPN for GB£ 5.39 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- East London
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Affordable rates of GB£ 1.79 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Decent connection speeds
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK, as you can get it for GB£ 1.79 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This VPN proves you don’t have to spend much money to access geo-restricted websites. Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with 360 in the United Kingdom.
We connected to a server in Manchester which unblocked BBC iPlayer immediately, allowing us to stream The Responder and the latest episodes of Killing Eve.
Surfshark’s unblocking capability is on par with the pricier VPNs and unblocks YouTube TV in Japan and Mexico. The VPN works on Disney Plus in the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, etc, thus confirming that Disney+ with Surfshark was an excellent idea. It has a Smart DNS feature that allows you to unblock these and more streaming services on devices without a VPN app.
The VPN isn’t the fastest on our 100Mbps network, but it still delivers fast speeds for an uninterrupted streaming experience. Surfshark records 88.48Mbps download speed and 79.42Mbps upload speed.
Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account, meaning you can install it on all your devices without a VPN. The VPN has Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux operating systems. The Smart DNS feature allows access to BBC iPlayer on Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, etc.
Onn security, Surfshark secures your data with industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption and the secure IKEv2/IPsec protocol.
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK
- Delivers the fastest connections speeds for streaming BBC iPlayer
- Six simultaneous connections
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries
- NordLynx protocol
- Strict no-logs policy
NordVPN offers over 90 Mbps speeds to stream BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK without buffering, making NordVPN the fastest VPN for BBC iPlayer. The VPN records 93.42Mbps download speed and 87.68Mbps upload speed, the fastest speeds from our tests.
NordVPN speed test results on our 100 Mbps connection impressed us the most. We recorded the following speeds:
NordVPN has the most servers for streaming BBC iPlayer outside UK, with 440+ in the United Kingdom. These servers are powered by the NordLynx protocol for high connection speeds. NordVPN has 5500+ servers in 60 countries worldwide to meet your streaming needs. The VPN unblocks Hulu in Singapore, Mexico, Disney Plus Thailand, Australia, etc.
Disney+ with NordVPN is a great option because we got fast speeds, and the video didn’t lag. The NordVPN London servers give us the best connection, and we had no problems streaming Doctor Who or Peaky Blinders.
NordVPN is a highly-compatible VPN and works on your favourite streaming device. The VPN supports Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, and Android operating systems.
It has the SmartPlay feature, its version of Smart DNS to work on other devices like gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch), Raspberry Pi, Roku, etc. Also, you can connect six devices simultaneously on a single account. You can watch BBC iPlayer in Switzerland, BBC iPlayer in Spain, or the Netherlands on different devices at the same time without any major drop in connection speed.
NordVPN is a security-conscious VPN that secures your connection with a Kill Switch if the connection to the VPN server drops. You also get obfuscated servers to add an extra layer of security to your connection and 256-bit encryption at a price of GB£ 4.44 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription).
Can I Use a Free VPN for BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to stream BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK but we are totally against them because they are unsafe and slow.
Many VPNs offer access to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK free, but they offer a poor streaming experience. Streaming requires much bandwidth, and the free VPN servers are filled to the brim, leading to excruciating slow connections.
Free VPNs aren’t safe as they make money off their users by tracking, recording, and selling their online data. If price is a concern, you can simply leverage the 30-day money-back guarantee that comes with ExpressVPN!
Can I Watch BBC News Content – Outside UK Using a VPN?
Yes, you can watch BBC News using a VPN from outside the UK. You just have to subscribe to a VPN and connect to a UK server to watch BBC News on the BBC iPlayer or bbc.co.uk. It depends on what BBC version you want to stream, its global program or the one showcasing the country’s local affairs. You can only access bbc.com outside of the UK to stream the international version.
We recommend using ExpressVPN as it has reliable UK servers that do not impact your internet connection. You have access to international news through bbc.com. If you prefer access to 24-hour UK news, you have to use BBC iPlayer or go to bbc.co.uk using a VPN and a UK server.
How to Subscribe to BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK? [Easy Steps]
The BBC iPlayer is a free streaming platform for live and catch-up TV content from all of BBC’s Channels. The channels include BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, cBBC, and Radio 1. Here’s how to subscribe to BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK:
- Sign up for a BBC iPlayer VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Log in and connect to a server in the UK. Choose the East-London server.
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and select the “Sign In” option.
- A new page will appear; click the “Register Now” option.
- Provide the required personal information and use this postal code, E1 OAA, for East London.
- Enter all your details and finish by clicking the “Register” button. Verify the account by clicking the link sent to your email, and you’re done.
Pro Tip: You don’t need a TV license when streaming BBC iPlayer with a VPN but click “Yes” if a notification asks if you have one.
What Devices Are Compatible With BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK?
You can watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK free with a VPN on various devices as follows:
- PS5, PS4, PS3
- Different Smart TV brands
- iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod 6)
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Android devices (smart TV, Tablet, Phone)
- Apple TV
How to Download and Watch BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK on Devices?
After connecting to a UK server, you can stream BBC iPlayer from the app or directly from the website. Here’s how to download the BBC iPlayer app Content – outside UK in any country on various devices:
How to Download and Watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on iPhone?
Here’s how to download BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK in any country on an iOS device:
- Launch the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Settings of your iOS device and click on your profile.
- Select Media and Purchases > Country/Region > and change to the UK, and Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the requested information and provide any valid UK address.
- Go to App Store to download the BBC iPlayer app.
- Log in and enjoy your BBC iPlayer iPhone experience from outside the UK.
How to Download and Watch BBC iPlayer App Content – outside UK on Android?
Planning to watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK live on Android? Follow the easy steps below:
- Sign in to Google Play Store on an Android device with two or more Gmail accounts.
- Launch ExpressVPN and connect to a UK server.
- Go to Play Store and search for the BBC iPlayer app. You’ll notice the app won’t show up, so switch to a different account without closing Play Store.
- Search for the BBC iPlayer app again. Download and install it.
- Log in and start streaming.
How to Get BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Your Computer or Laptop?
You don’t have to install the BBC iPlayer app Content – outside UK on a Windows or Mac laptop or computer. Log in to the site via a browser as follows:
- Fire up ExpressVPN and connect to a UK server.
- Go to bbc.co.uk.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Search for your favourite show, film, or documentary on BBC iPlayer and start streaming.
How Do I Get BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Roku?
BBC iPlayer is present on the Roku Channel Store, but you can only access it with a British-origin account. Here’s how to install BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Roku:
- Reset your Roku device.
- Install a VPN on your Wi-Fi router and connect to a UK server.
- Connect your Roku device to your smart TV and sign up for a UK account.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store to get BBC iPlayer.
- Launch the app, sign in and enjoy your BBC iPlayer Roku streaming experience outside the UK.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Firestick in 2023?
Here are the steps to get BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on a Firestick:
- Go to the Developer Options under Firestick Settings to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- Launch the app and use it to install the ExpressVPN app.
- Open ExpressVPN and connect to a server in the UK.
- Restart the Amazon Fire Stick to apply the changes.
- Install the BBC iPlayer app, sign in and stream BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Firestick.
How to Stream BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on Apple TV in 2023?
BBC iPlayer works on Apple TV outside the UK, and here are the steps to follow:
- Connect the Apple TV device to your TV.
- Go to Settings, General, then Region.
- Switch to the UK and provide the requested information.
- After changing locations, go to the App Store and download the BBC iPlayer app.
- Install the app.
- Set up ExpressVPN to your home router and connect to a UK server.
- Sign in to BBC iPlayer on Apple TV and stream your favourites.
How to Get BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK on a Smart TV?
BBC iPlayer works on a smart TV, and here’s how to download the app outside the UK:
- Change your smart TV region to the United Kingdom.
- Configure ExpressVPN to your router on the same Wi-Fi.
- Get the BBC iPlayer app.
- Fire up the BBC iPlayer app and add it you’re your favourite channels list.
- Launch it and log in.
- Stream your BBC iPlayer favourites outside the UK on a smart TV
What’s the Best Content to Watch on BBC iPlayer Content – Outside UK in 2023?
BBC iPlayer has a lot of content on the platform with plenty to watch as follows:
Best Shows on BBC iPlayer
You can watch BBC shows Content – outside UK with a VPN, including BBC iPlayer Peaky Blinders. Here are some of the top shows on the platform:
|Interior Design Masters|
|The Secrets She Keeps|
|What We Do in the Shadows|
|His Dark Materials|
Best Movies on BBC iPlayer
You’ll have plenty of options on BBC iPlayer if you like streaming movies, and here are some great ones:
|Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa|
|Horrible Histories: The Movie – Rotten Romans|
|Murder on the Orient Express|
|Witness for the Prosecution|
|The Remains of the Day|
|West Side Story|
|Kung Fu Panda 3|
|Madonna: Truth or Dare|
Best Live Sports available to stream on BBC iPlayer
Here are some of the live sports events to stream on the BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK with a VPN:
|FA Women’s Super League|
|Match of the Day|
Channels Available to Stream on BBC iPlayer
Here are the channels available on BBC iPlayer to stream outside the UK:
What’s New on BBC iPlayer in January 2023?
Here’s what’s new on BBC iPlayer in January 2023:
- Happy Valley
- Silent Witness Season 26
- Young Masterchef
- The Hairy Bikers Go Local
- The Apprentice S17
- Amanda & Alan’s Italian Job
- Granite Harbour
- Troubled Blood
- Vienna Blood Series 3
- Bad Education: Reunion
- That’s My Jam
- Motherland: Last Christmas
- Death in Paradise 2022 Christmas special
- Marie Antointte
What Are Some Other Streaming Services Available? [BBC iPlayer Alternatives]
BBC iPlayer is big in the UK, but there are other streaming services if you’re looking for BBC iPlayer alternatives:
- Netflix – the biggest streaming service in the world by subscriber numbers. However, the content library is different in every region, so you might need a VPN to watch titles missing in your country’s library.
- HBO Max – this is a US streaming service with a quality movies and TV shows library.
- Hulu – a US-only streaming service only accessible outside of the country with a VPN.
How to fix BBC iPlayer Not Working With A VPN Content – Outside UK?
BBC iPlayer works outside the UK with a VPN, but you might experience some issues while streaming. Try these fixes to get rid of all “BBC iPlayer not working” errors:
- BBC iPlayer has blacklisted the servers used by your VPN provider – switch to ExpressVPN to get the best unblocking capability.
- BBC iPlayer identifying your location – clear your browser cookies to eliminate any information showing your location.
- Your GPS location and IP address don’t match – use a VPN with secure protocols and enhanced encryption.
- BBC iPlayer has updated its geo-blocking system – switch to a regularly updated VPN provider.
- The IP address is leaking – sign up for a VPN that covers the entire traffic of your device.
If the above the steps don’t work for you , then you can check our in-depth guide about various methods to fix BBC iPlayer not working issues Content – outside UK.
Is BBC iPlayer free to stream outside UK?
Can I use BBC iPlayer outside UK?
Is it legal to stream BBC iPlayer with a VPN outside UK?
Can I watch BBC iPlayer outside UK free without VPN?
I just pressed yes on BBC iPlayer outside UK when it asked if I have a license. Is there a problem with it?
Can I play BBC iPlayer downloaded content outside UK?
How to watch BBC iPlayer outside UK on a non-Smart TV?
Wrapping It Up!
Sadly, you cannot watch BBC iPlayer Content – outside UK because it’s only available in Britain. BBC iPlayer is an incredible streaming service and is a favorite for many UK residents, but it is geo-restricted.
Also the best part about this service is you can easily delete BBC iPlayer account anytime and anywhere.
However, you can switch your location with a VPN to stream BBC iPlayer shows, films, etc. Subscribe to ExpressVPN, our recommended VPN, for the best BBC iPlayer streaming experience Content – outside UK in any country.
Leave a Reply