Have a Roku device but are not sure how to watch Disney Plus on Roku in the UK? or do you have a question in your mind
Is Disney Plus free on Roku? Fret not because we are here! Let’s quickly get you to install Disney+ on Roku in 6 easy steps in 2022.
Fortunate are the ones who are in countries where Disney+ is officially available as they have access to the streaming service.
However, for other regions where it is not available and you are worried about why the Disney+ app not working since update to Roku OS 10.5, you may either witness Disney Plus error code 83, Disney+ error code 73, or maybe you entered an incorrect Disney+ login code on your device, or simply a message which will prevent you from installing the app:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
The way around it is to use the best Disney Plus VPN. With the use of a premium VPN, you can easily access Disney Plus France from your Roku TV.
Can I get Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
Yes, you can get Disney Plus on a variety of Roku TV Models in the UK, like Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Roku LT (2700X), Roku Express+, and Express. You may have Disney+ on Roku TV from the online Roku store or you can go to the “Streaming Channels” category on the home screen and click the “Movies and TV” option from there.
6 Easy Steps to watch Disney Plus on Roku in the UK [Buffer-free] in 2022
If you don’t know how to search on Disney Plus on Roku or how to add Disney Plus on Roku and you are worried Is there really no way to restart a Disney Plus movie on Roku? Follow these steps to sign up, install and watch Disney Plus on Roku in the UK in 2022:
- Launch your Roku device and press the home button that will take you to the Roku home screen.
- Click on “Streaming Channels” on your screen and press OK.
- Look for “Search Channels” and type Disney+.
- Click on the app and add the channel to begin downloading.
- Once Disney Plus gets added, click “Go to Channel”.
- Log in, and start streaming Disney Plus in the UK.
From streaming your Pixar classics or Star Wars Channel of Disney Plus in Germany or Disney Plus Bolivia, on Xbox to browsing local content on Disney Plus Malaysia to watching the latest TV shows of Disney+ Australia and Disney Plus Peru on Apple TV, consider yourself lucky as the above steps are applicable only in the countries where Disney Plus service has launched officially.
In the countries where Disney+ is not supported (as of now), Roku no longer works with Disney+?, you will need a trusted VPN to watch on Disney Plus Roku UK. As the stars would have it, there are no built-in VPNs in the Roku devices. Hence, setting up a VPN on your router or setting up a Smart DNS connection is imperative.
For Roku users who reside in Disney+ unsupported countries, we highly recommend ExpressVPN quite simply because it is the best VPN to watch Disney Plus
In addition to this, a VPN will allow you to stream any Disney Plus channel on Firestick, Smart TVs, Roku streaming stick 4K and other devices such as Nintendo Devices, Chromecast, Xbox One, PS4, iOS, and Android devices. Apart from the devices mentioned earlier, watching Disney Plus on Smart TV and other TVs such as Apple TV is also possible with a VPN.
To learn more, skip to the section: “How to watch Disney+ on Roku in a Geo-Restricted Region.”
Roku Devices That Support Disney Plus in the UK
Following are the Roku devices that do not support the Disney Plus service in the UK:
|Disney Plus Compatible Devices on Roku|
|Roku 1, 2, 3 and 4 Models||Roku Express||Roku Express+||Roku Express 4K|
|4K Roku Premiere||4K Roku Premiere+||4K Roku Ultra||4K Roku Ultra LT|
|4K Roku Streaming Stick+||4K Roku Smart Speaker||Roku TV||Roku Streaming Stick|
|Roku LT 2700X|
It is worth noting that even though you may download the Disney+ app, you will not be able to access the streaming service.
Roku Devices That Do Not Support Disney Plus in the UK
Most Roku devices, Roku TV models, and Roku devices support all channels of the Disney Plus streaming service in the UK, but if you have any of the following, including the Roku HD model, Roku 2 XS model, Roku 2 HD models, Roku LT, and streaming stick, you’re in for some bad news!
- Roku LT model (2400X & 2450X)
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models (3000X & 3050X)
- Roku Streaming Stick models (3400X & 3420X)
Note: SometimesDisney+ stops working on TV when using a Roku device, causing connectivity errors like error 42, error code 14, and error code 83, so don’t be upset about how to solve them. You can learn the solution from our articles.
Best Roku TV Brands Compatible With Disney+in the UK
Although in the UK Disney Plus streaming service is compatible with a wide variety of devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, and Roku TVs, if you want to find out a particular Roku TV model’s compatibility in the UK, then here is the list below:
|Roku TV Models that Support Disney Plus|
How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku outside the UK?
Yes, it is possible to watch Disney Plus on Roku devices from a geo-restricted region in the UK.
To elaborate further, if you attempt to watch Disney Plus in the Philippines on your Roku device or Smart TV, it won’t happen! Similarly, streaming the Pixar channel on Disney Plus Cyprus on your Apple TV (or any other country where Disney Plus is not officially launched) won’t be possible because of content geo-restrictions and Roku no longer works with Disney+ and you will face issues on Disney Plus loading.
The good news is that watching your favourite series on the Star Wars channel, Disney+ TV shows and movies from such regions is now possible. All you need to do is get Disney Plus by a simple download, set up a VPN on your Roku device and start streaming Disney Plus from anywhere globally. The access is that simple! Here is how you can do this:
Set up UK Roku Account
You can skip this step if you already have a UK Roku account.
- First, download and subscribe to ExpressVPN (The best VPN for fast & buffer-free streaming for GB£ 5.39 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)) on your Windows device to watch Disney Plus.
- Now open the ExpressVPN app and sign in with your account username and password.
- Continue to scroll to the UK server option and click it.
- Now head to # to create a UK account.
- Select the United Kingdom as your country.
- Congratulations, you created your UK Roku account successfully.
Set Up Virtual Router on Your Windows
- First, click on the Windows Logo > Settings > Network & Internet and then turn on the Mobile hotspot option (Make sure you are not connected with the VPN server while setting up a virtual router).
- Now ser Wi-Fi under the, “Share my Internet Connection” option.
- Here you would be required to create a new network and password. To do so, click on the “Edit” option.
- Now below “Related Settings,” click “Change Adapter Options.”
- Scroll to the “Network Connections” screen, and copy the name of the connection you created a few seconds before.
- Hover the cursor on “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter,” press right-click and then select the “Properties” option.
- Now in properties, click on the “Sharing” tab and box to allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- Select the name of the internet connection you created from the drop-down menu and click “OK.”
- You are then required to connect to the USA server in your ExpressVPN app (ExpressVPN recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC & New York).
- Now it’s time to connect your Roku device to your new US-server-based virtual router.
Connect Roku to Virtual Router & Watch Disney+ from Anywhere
- Launch your Roku device, and from the Roku home screen, head to “Settings” from the side menu and then “Network.”
- From there, now select the “Wireless (Wi-Fi)” option.
- You will see “Choose your Network,” select the VPN-enabled virtual router (that you set up earlier), type in your login credentials, and wait for the process.
- Press the home button to head to Roku’s home screen and select “Streaming Channels,” located on the left side of the screen.
- Now search for “Disney Plus” and download it by selecting the “Add Channel” option to get Disney Plus.
- Once you install Disney Plus, log in to your Disney Plus account in the app.
- Stream your desired TV shows & movies of Disney+ on Roku in an unsupported country.
Note: Bear in mind that using a VPN does not mean that you can watch free content on the Disney+ Roku app. A VPN service only allows you to access the Disney Plus service in an unsupported country by changing your IP address with the one where it is available, such as Disney Plus in the USA and Disney+ in UK. With ExpressVPN, you can also watch Korean Dramas on Disney+ and Crazy Love from anywhere.
Additionally, just like other streaming services, Disney+ offers its dedicated app for all the major streaming devices, including streaming stick 4K Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Firestick, PS4, Xbox device, and Apple TV.
Disney Plus Features on Roku Devices in the UK
Though there are extensive features of Disney Plus on Roku, the ones worth mentioning for the latest Roku models and streaming sticks in the UK are:
- Four simultaneous streams
- Numerous avatars
- 4K streams
- Up to 7 profiles
- Parental controls
- Accessibility options
Besides that, the latest version of 4K Roku Ultra comes with remote control with personalized shortcuts to help you get to your desired content quicker.
How Much does Disney Plus cost on Roku in the UK?
The cost of a Disney+ subscription is £7.99 or £79.99. Although Disney Plus is available for free on Roku in the UK, you need an active Disney Plus subscription for streaming all the popular shows and movies on any of its channels.
For people who wish to stream advertisement-free content of Disney Plus with Hulu and don’t want to miss their daily dose of sports, then we suggest you read our below guides on how to get a cheap Disney Plus deal or bundle in the UK.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Roku Device in the UK?
Now that you have installed the Disney+ app on your Roku device in the UK, do you know what channel to watch on the streaming service? Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on any channel of Disney Plus Roku:
Best TV Shows
- Willow – Episode 3
- The Santa Clauses – Episode 5
- The Mysterious Benedict Society
- The Villains of Valley View
- Raven’s Home
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery – 5 Episodes
- Animal Fight Night (S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6)
- Beyond Magic with DMC (S1)
- Botswana (S1)
- Gigantosaurus (S3, 8 episodes)
- Melur Untuk Firdaus
- Only Murders In The Building
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid – Rodrick Rules
- Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays
- The Territory
- Akashinga: The Brave Ones
- Patagonia Wings
- Beauty and the Beast
- Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again
- Ocean’s Breath
- Shark vs. Tuna
How to Update Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
Follow the step-by-step instruction to Update Displus+ on Roku in the UK.
- Press the Home button on the remote of your Ruko device.
- Go to settings.
- Select “system” and choose “System Update”.
- Click on “Check” to confirm your Disney+ app update.
How to Cancel Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
There are two ways to cancel a Disney+ subscription on Roku devices in the UK:
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Device in 4 Quick Steps
- From the “Home screen,” by pressing the home button and navigating to the Disney+.
- Press the Star/Asterisk button from your Roku remote, and there will be a popup.
- Click on “Manage Subscription,” and it will lead you to a popup that has two options: “Cancel Subscription” and “Leave Unchanged, Exit.”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Website
- Open your web browser and launch the Roku website.
- Click on “Sign in,” located on the top right side of the browser. Then, if your browser keeps you logged in, go to “My Account” from the drop-down menu of the avatar located on the top right side of your browser.
- As soon as you press “Manage Subscriptions,” it will show you the list of channels you have subscribed to.
- Locate Disney+ and click “Unsubscribe”.
Another way to cancel your subscription is to log on to your Disney+ account on the official Disney Plus website, navigate to the “Billing Details” option, and hit “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: If you want to learn how to cancel Disney Plus on other Android and iOS devices, read our detailed guide on cancelling Disney+ subscription.
How to Turn Disney Plus Roku Subtitles On or Off in the UK?
The subtitles may be necessary to stream for some, while others may want to turn it off. You can watch Disney Plus’s any channel with or without subtitles. If you’re going to either turn on or turn off the subtitles on Disney+ UK, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney+ app and select the TV show or movie you wish to switch on the subtitles for.
- Once the content opens, press Star/Asterisk from your Roku TV remote.
- A menu will pop up, and navigate to “Closed Captioning/Subtitles.”
- By pressing the right arrow on your Roku remote, you can either switch these on or off.
There have been instances where even after turning the subtitles off, they keep on popping back up. We suggest you try restarting your device or checking and installing software updates if any.
For a detailed guide: Learn How to Turn on Subtitles on Disney Plus in the UK
What are Other Streaming Services Available on Roku in the UK?
Following is the list of other streaming services that can be accessed on Roku besides Disney Plus in the UK:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV Plus
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
Can I Watch Disney+ in 4K on my Roku Device in the UK?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K on the following Roku devices in the UK:
- Roku 4
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
Why can’t I find Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
Can’t find Disney Plus on Roku in the UK? we have a simple steps solution for you.
- Turn off your device and turn it back on after 2 minutes.
- Or simply go to “settings“.
- Go to the “system” and click “system restart“.
Make sure to update your device to the latest version after the restart.
Why won’t Disney Plus work on my Roku in the UK?
-Go to “Home”.
-Select “system” then “system update“.
There may be several other reasons, some of them (with their solutions) are briefly mentioned under the blog “Disney Plus not working”.
Can I Get Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
Is Disney Plus on Roku in the UK?
How do I add Disney Plus to my Roku account in the UK?
How do I get the Disney Plus bundle on Roku in the UK?
– The first method is that you can subscribe to the Disney Bundle offer on Hulu’s official website.
– Or, you can directly purchase the subscription from the Disney+ website.
– You can also subscribe to Disney Plus through the ESPN+ website itself. Once you are done with the purchase, use those credentials to sign in on your Roku.
However, for all these methods, you will need a premium VPN and connect to a US server!
Watching Disney Plus on Roku in the UK is relatively simple as long as your device is compatible. While the latest Roku streaming stick models like Roku Express, 4K Roku Ultra, LT 2700X Roku, 4K Roku Premiere, 4K Roku Streaming Stick+ and 4K Roku Smart Speaker support Disney Plus, but, some older models like XS model 3100X Roku, streaming stick models 3400X, Roku LT model 2400X, 2450X Roku, 3050X Roku and Roku HD model 2500X don’t support Disney Plus.
However, suppose you reside in a country where Disney+ officially is not launched. In that case, a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN can sort it out because it offers streaming without buffering, thanks to its multiple server locations.
Leave a Reply