Wondering how to get Disney Plus on TV in the UK? Watching Disney Plus on Smart TV in the UK, irrespective of what brand of TV you have, shouldn’t worry you at all. Disney Plus in the UK is available on most Smart TVs like Philips, Samsung, and LG.
Even if your TV is old, you don’t need to worry about how to connect Disney Plus to TV in the UK. Wondering why? It is because when you connect a Roku device or Firestick, the door to Disney+ content is open for you.
You will watch the latest movies like The Territory, or shows like The Santa Clauses without any hassle in countries where Disney Plus is officially available.
For instance, since Disney Plus has launched officially in Australia, watching Disney+ Australia won’t be an issue. The same goes for Disney Plus New Zealand, Mexico, Germany or Disney Plus Canada, etc.
However, if your question is, ‘Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my TV outside the UK?’ It is because Disney+ has not launched in your country yet. In such a case, the following geo-restriction error appears on your screen:
Worried about how to get Disney Plus on smart tv outside the UK as the streaming site is blocked in your country? The quick answer is to get a VPN for Disney Plus.
Here is how you can do it, “Read more: How to unblock Disney+ in an unsupported country or outside the UK.” like Venezuela, or Disney+ Bolivia.
Can you watch Disney Plus on a regular TV in the UK?
Yes, with the help of an HDMI cable, you can watch Disney Plus on a regular TV in the UK. An HDMI cable turns your TV into Smart TV by connecting it to your streaming device. You can stream Disney Plus on your regular TV in the UK by using Amazon Firestick, Roku device, and Chromecast device (Windows, iPad, iPhone, Android, and macOS).
Wondering how to download Disney Plus on my TV in the UK? or how to log in to Disney Plus on Smart TV in the UK? The steps are easy to follow. Connect the streaming device to your TV and follow the same guide on how to get Disney Plus on Smart TV in the UK. If you do not want to use these devices, you can simply connect your laptop with your TV using the cable and watch Disney+ on the web browser in the UK.
Easy Steps: How to Get Disney Plus on TV in the UK [Any Smart TV]
First, install the Disney Plus app through your Smart TV’s app store in the UK. Then follow these steps on how to get Disney Plus on TV (Any Smart TV) in the UK:
- Create an account on the Disney Plus website.
- Connect your Smart TV to the internet and visit the “App Store” from the home screen.
- Search for Disney Plus.
- Click on the Disney+ app icon from the results and then “add to a home.”
- It will download and install the app on your Smart TV.
- Launch it, and sign in using your credentials.
How to get Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV in the UK?
Here’s how to stream Disney Plus on TV in the UK (Samsung Smart TV):
- Sign up on the Disney Plus website.
- Connect the TV to your internet connection.
- From the Home screen, click Apps.
- Type and enter Disney+ in the search box.
- Select the Disney Plus app and click install.
- Click the Disney+ icon, log in, and start streaming.
- If you are thinking about how to get Disney Plus on older Samsung TV in the UK, use an HDMI cable, as the older versions are not compatible with Disney+ (ones with Tizen OS or models from and after 2016 are compatible).
- You will need an active Disney+ subscription for streaming in the UK. You can subscribe to either monthly or annual plans through the official Disney Plus website.
- You can use the same method to get Disney Plus on Phillips Smart TV and other Android-based TVs in the UK.
How to get Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV in the UK?
Installing Disney+ on your Sony Smart TV in the UK is very easy by following these steps:
- Get a Disney+ subscription.
- Go to your Sony select/ App store.
- In the search bar, look for “Disney Plus” by typing it in.
- Install/Download the Disney+ app by selecting/highlighting it.
- You can now open your Disney Plus app from the home screen.
- Log in with your credentials and start streaming!
Note: Always check your Sony Smart TV’s device compatibility. Generally, Sony Smart TVs manufactured in 2016 or after are good to go as their operating system is Android.
How to get Disney Plus on LG TV in the UK?
Wondering how to watch Disney+ on my TV in the UK? Here’s how to get Disney Plus on TV (LG Smart TV) in the UK:
- Subscribe to Disney Plus
- From your Home screen, navigate to the LG Content Store.
- Enter “Disney+” in the search icon located in the upper right corner.
- Click “Install” to download the app.
- From the home screen, click on “Disney+” to launch it.
- Sign in and enjoy!
Note: Before downloading, ensure your LG TV is compatible with Disney+ in the UK. From what we know, LG TVs with operating system web OS 3.0 support Disney Plus. You can locate the app in LG Content Store.
How to download Disney+ App on Philips Smart TV in the UK?
Follow these steps to download Disney+ app on Philips smart TV in the UK:
- Create your account on Disney Plus.
- Ensure your TV is connected to the internet connection.
- From the home screen, go to the Play Store.
- In the search bar, enter Disney Plus.
- Choose the Disney+ app and install it.
- The app will appear on your TV home screen.
- Sign in on Disney Plus and enjoy streaming your favorite movie or show in the UK.
How do I download the Disney+ App on a Panasonic Smart TV in the UK?
Here are the quick steps to download the Disney+ app on a Panasonic Smart TV in the UK:
- Subscribe to the Disney Plus service in the UK.
- Connect your Panasonic Smart TV to your internet.
- Go to the apps menu and select Google Play Store.
- Search Disney+ in the search bar.
- Select the Disney+ icon to install the app on your TV.
- The app will download and appear on the home screen.
- Open the app and log in with your account credentials.
How to get Disney Plus on Sharp Smart TV in the UK?
Here’s how to watch Disney+ on TV in the UK (Sharp Smart TV):
- Turn on your Sharp TV and ensure it is connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Go to Play Store from Home Screen.
- Choose Apps.
- Use the search bar to look for the Disney Plus app.
- Select the app from the results and install it.
- When you get a prompt about using your device media, click OK.
- Finally, open the app, sign in and enjoy.
Note: The above steps only work if you have AQUOS Sharp TV in the UK. If you are using any other Sharp TV, you will need to connect your Sharp TV with other devices such as Apple TV, Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, etc.
How to get Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV in the UK?
Here’s how to get Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV in the UK:
- Launch your Vizio Smart TV.
- Visit the SmartCast platform and search for the Disney Plus app.
- Download the app and sign in to your account to stream.
Note: If you have a Vizio SmartCast TV 2016 or later, you can follow the above steps to download the Disney Plus app in the UK. If you have a pre-2016 model, you can Chromecast Disney Plus or watch the shows via AirPlay in the UK.
How to get Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV in the UK?
Here’s how to get Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV in the UK:
- From your remote control, press the navigation button.
- In the installed apps section, scroll down and click “Add Channel.”
- Search for Disney+ and then choose “Install.”
How to get Disney Plus on Old Smart TV in the UK?
Worried about how to stream Disney Plus TV which is of the older version in the UK? A streaming device can take all your worries away.
Imagine having a Smart TV that supports 4K but not Disney+ in the UK! I will be shattered, or for that matter, anyone would be.
We suggest getting either a Roku device (Express+ or Ultra), Apple TV (4th gen), Chromecast, or a Firestick. Attaching them to old Smart TV in the UK with the help of an HDMI cable will open the horizon to several streaming platforms.
Now the question arises, what if you live outside the UK or in a geo-restricted country that won’t support Disney Plus streaming? But, again, we have a solution to that as well. Subscribe to ExpressVPN, and nothing can stop your way to Disney+
How to get Disney+ on your Chromecast built-in Smart TV in the UK?
If you cannot download the Disney+ app directly to your smart TV in the UK, you can use Chromecast. Some smart TVs already have a built-in Chromecast option, which makes it easy to use as you do not need any cable to connect both devices. Follow these steps:
- Open the Disney Plus app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the cast icon appearing in the top right corner.
- From the list of devices, choose your TV model. The app will connect to your TV.
- Play the show or movie you want to watch in the UK.
How to connect Disney Plus to TV from a Phone in the UK?
With the help of Apple Airplay or Chromecast, you can connect Disney Plus to TV from an iOS or Android phone in the UK. Follow the quick steps below on how to connect Disney Plus to TV from your phone in the UK:
- Go to the Disney Plus application on your phone.
- Choose the show or movie you want to watch and select play.
- Tap the cast icon at the top corner of your phone screen.
- Choose the streaming device from the list of devices.
- Video will start playing on your TV screen.
How to download Disney+ if you don’t have a Smart TV in the UK?
If you don’t have a smart TV, you can access Disney Plus with the help of Amazon Firestick in the UK. Download the Disney Plus app on Firestick and plug it into your TV set. Alternatively, you can also use a Roku device to get Disney+ on your regular TV in the UK.
After downloading the app on these devices, you can either create your account directly on the app or opt to create it on the website, which is easier.
Read more: If Disney Plus not working on Firestick in the UK
How to unblock Disney+ in an unsupported country or Outside the UK?
If the Disney+ app is geo-restricting you from accessing the content, then get a VPN. When you try using the platform without a VPN, it will show error 73. You may refer to our guide on how to fix Disney Plus error code 73.
Unfortunately, Smart TV does not offer a built-in VPN app. This is why you need to set up a VPN on your Smart TV via the Smart DNS method.
This allows you to access the content library of one region in another. For example, accessing Disney Plus in Pakistan or streaming Indian content on Hotstar in UK with the help of a VPN won’t be an issue on Disney Plus to watch!
Here’s how to get Disney Plus on TV outside the UK from anywhere:
Activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN
Follow these steps to activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (ExpressVPN is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2022).
- Visit ExpressVPN DNS Setup page and Sign-in.
- Register your IP address under the heading, and enable Automatic registration below.
- Visit the Setup page and collect your MediaStreamer IP address.
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your LG or Samsung Smart TV.
Set Up MediaStreamer DNS on Samsung Smart TV and Watch Disney+ Outside the UK From Anywhere
Here is an easy guide on how to add Disney Plus on Smart TV outside the UK using a MediaStreamer DNS:
- First, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- The main menu will appear. From there, select “Network” and then “Network Status” option.
- Now in the Network Status screen, scroll down and select the “IP Settings” option.
- Now select DNS setting > select Enter manually and then enter the DNS address, which you can find in your VPN profile page after you activated Smart DNS service.
- Congratulations, smart DNS is configured on your Samsung smart TV.
- Now go to the Home menu of your Samsung Smart TV and select the “Apps” option.
- Search for Disney Plus by entering it the search bar, which is located on the top right corner of the screen, and install the app.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, launch the app > log-in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: Disney Plus app is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to all the later models with Tizen OS. So, if you own an older model of Samsung TV, you need to switch to later models to set up Disney Plus on TV outside the UK.
Set Up Smart DNS on LG Smart TV and Watch Disney+ outside the UK from Anywhere
- First, turn on your LG Smart TV and press the “Settings” button to open the Settings menu.
- Now in the Settings menu, select Network > select Wi-Fi > then select the Edit button.
- Uncheck the “Set Automatically” option to configure the DNS address manually.
- After un-checking the “Set Automatically” option, now enter the DNS address you can find on your ExpressVPN account page.
- Once you enter the DNS address, select the “Connect” option and wait for the process until you get the notification, which says “Connected to Internet.”
- Congratulations, smart DNS is conjured successfully on your LG smart TV.
- Press the Disney+ icon with the help of a remote to launch the app.
- Now log in to your Disney Plus account and enjoy on your LG Smart TV.
Note: Please note that using a free VPN won’t allow accessing Disney+ for free on your Smart TV outside the UK. It means you need a Disney Plus subscription first before trying to watch it in an unsupported country or outside the UK. You can easily use ExpressVPN to unblock Disney Plus UK or other countries’ Disney content libraries outside the UK.
How much does the Disney+ app cost on Smart TV in the UK?
The cost of the UK version of Disney Plus on Smart TV is as follows:
- £7.99 for a Disney+ monthly subscription
- £79.99 for Disney+ yearly subscription
- GB£ 10.61 /mo (US$ 12.99 /mo ) for Disney+ bundle in the UK, which includes Hulu with Disney Plus and ESPN+ too.
P.S: Rumor has it that Disney Plus will introduce an alternate ad-supported cheaper subscription package later in the year.
What can I watch on Disney Plus in the UK?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch in the UK. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
|Best Shows||Best Movies|
|Willow – Episode 3||Diary Of A Wimpy Kid – Rodrick Rules|
|The Santa Clauses – Episode 5||Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays|
|The Mysterious Benedict Society||Akashinga: The Brave Ones|
|The Villains of Valley View||Patagonia Wings|
Read More: How to Turn on Subtitles on Disney Plus in the UK
Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my TV in the UK?
If Disney Plus is not working on your TV in the UK despite following all the steps on how do I stream Disney+ to TV in the UK mentioned in our guide, there could be a lot of reasons behind it may it is Error Code 14. First, make sure to unplug your TV and wait 30 seconds before replugging. You can also reinstall the Disney Plus app and clear the app’s cache.
Make sure to check your internet connection, and also confirm if Disney Plus supports your Smart TV model in the UK. Because if it does not so Disney+ won’t Load, you will need to sideload the app.
You can find a step-by-step troubleshooting guide in our Disney Plus not working article.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to get Disney Plus on my Smart TV in the UK?
How to login to Disney Plus on Smart TV in the UK?
Open the Disney Plus app on your Smart TV > Click login> Enter the 8-digit code you can see on your Smart TV> Select continue> Enter your Disney+ account details> Start streaming Disney+ on your Smart TV in the UK.
Can I get Disney Plus on my Smart TV in the UK?
How to download Disney Plus on my TV in the UK?
- Get a Disney Plus subscription.
- Connect TV to the internet.
- Choose apps on the home screen.
- Enter Disney+ in the search option.
- Choose the Disney Plus icon and tap Add to Home.
- Go to the Disney+ app and sign in.
What TVs are compatible with Disney Plus in the UK?
Concluding | How to Get Disney+ on TV in the UK
We hope our guide helped you understand how to get Disney Plus on TV in the UK. There are different methods mentioned above. It could simply be installing it on your device directly or attaching a streaming device to your older Smart TVs.
Also, your question,’ How to watch Disney Plus on TV in a geo-restricted region or outside the UK?’ is answered now. Remember to use a premium VPN only to watch Disney+. Our top choice is ExpressVPN. We usually recommend ExpressVPN to stream lovers because it is a super fast and secure VPN.
Grab some popcorn and enjoy watching Biggest Little Farm The Return and Doctor Lawyer on Disney Plus now!
Leave a Reply