Wondering how do I connect Disney Plus to my Xbox in the UK or from anywhere around the world. If yes, then this blog is for you. You can watch Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK and enjoy the latest movies and shows like Retrograde and The Santa Clauses on Xbox Disney Plus.
But unfortunately, as of now, this streaming service is available only in a few countries. But, you can watch Disney+ on Xbox anywhere through a reliable Disney Plus VPN. Disney Plus in the UK offers dedicated apps for gaming consoles such as Xbox, PS4, and other major devices and platforms, including Firestick, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, Android, and iOS.
In this post, we will answer all your questions, like is Disney Plus available on Xbox in the UK?, or why is my Disney Plus not working on my Xbox in the UK? We will also discuss what offers you get if you have a Game Pass Xbox subscription. So without further delay, let’s get started.
Is Disney Plus available on Xbox in the UK?
Yes, Disney Plus is available on Xbox in the UK. To watch Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK, simply navigate to the Store and download the Disney+ Xbox app. Luckily, Disney Plus is compatible with the Xbox One lineup and the latest Xbox Series and Series S consoles. However, it’s important to note that you’ll require an active Disney Plus subscription to start streaming in the UK.
A Disney Plus membership costs £7.99. You can also get the annual subscription plan that costs £79.99. Moreover, streaming Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK is only possible on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, or Xbox Series X.
Disney Plus recommends having a fast internet connection for a hassle-free streaming experience. For HD streaming, you must have a connection of at least 5Mbps. For 4K-quality streaming, a connection of at least 25 Mbps is recommended. However, 4K streaming is only supported on Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X. It is not supported on the last generation’s Xbox One.
More than that, it is advisable to use high-bandwidth HDMI cables and HDCP 2.2-enabled external displays (4K streaming) for watching Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK, and you can also watch Disney+ on switch[nintendo].
How to Watch and Download Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK?[Easy Steps]
On your Xbox system, the Microsoft Store offers a free app for Disney Plus in the UK. Although you may create a new account within the app, it’s simpler to subscribe in advance so you can log in immediately.
You can watch Disney Plus on Xbox by downloading the Disney+ app on your Xbox in the UK through the following method:
- Launch your Xbox device and press the home button from your controller.
- Navigate to the Store.
- On the App section, search for Disney Plus Xbox app.
- Select the Disney Plus app and click on “Get” to install.
- Locate the app in “My Games and Apps.”
- Launch it and sign in to start streaming.
Check out how to login into Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK with Phone.
How to Watch Disney+ on Xbox Outside the UK?
You will need a VPN to stream Disney+ on Xbox in geo-restricted countries or outside the UK. Sadly, Xbox does not offer a built-in VPN app to use. Hence, first, you need a smart DNS via VPN. Then set up on Xbox to stream Disney+ outside the UK or from anywhere around the world.
Follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Xbox outside the UK or from anywhere via VPN:
Activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (ExpressVPN is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2022).
- Now head to the ExpressVPN DNS settings page and Sign in.
- Under IP address Registration, click on Register my IP address and enable the option below.
- Now, get your MediaStreamer IP address by going to Setup.
- Navigate the MediaStreamer IP address and store it for installation.
- Now it’s time to set up the DNS addresses that you got on your Xbox.
Setup MediaStreamer DNS on Xbox and Watch Disney+ outside the UK
- Launch Xbox and head to “Settings.”
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Network” and then “Network settings.”
- Now select “Advanced settings” > click “DNS settings” > then select “Manual” to configure the DNS addresses.
- Now you will have to fill in the IP addresses of DNS servers that you can see on your profile page after activating smart DNS.
- Enter both primary and secondary IP addresses.
- Once you enter the IP addresses, you will see the entered DNS addresses are active.
- Now set your location to the UK. To do so, go to “Settings” > “Systems” > then “Language & location” and change it to the UK.
- Now select the “Restart now” option in the “Language & location” settings and wait for the process.
- Run the Disney Plus app > log in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: A VPN does not let you watch Disney+ Xbox free if you don’t have its subscription. VPN allows you to access Disney+ content on your Xbox in an unsupported location or access the content library of one region in another. For instance, a VPN will allow users to watch Disney+ UK, or Disney Plus Australia from Anywhere hassle-free.
Do I Need a VPN to Watch Disney Plus on Xbox in an Unsupported Country or Outside the UK?
Simply put, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address. And since streaming services like Disney+ need to follow content distribution policies, it uses an IP tracking system.
With this IP tracking system, when a user tries to access their service from a country where the service is not available, it immediately blocks the user by tracking the local IP address. If you try to access Disney Plus outside the UK its selected region, you will get the following error:
This is where a VPN comes to the rescue. By using a VPN’s Smart DNS feature, you can spoof your local IP address and replace it with the UK IP address. In this way, when you try to access the Disney+ on Xbox outside the UK or in an unsupported country via VPN, it tricks the IP tracking system that you are residing somewhere in the UK and thus allows you to access the service. As a fan of Indian content you can also use a VPN for unblocking Hotstar in UK and enjoy Indian movies and shows.
How Much is Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK?
Downloading and Installing Disney Plus App on your Xbox in the UK is free of charge. But, this is not to say that you can stream Disney+ content on Xbox in the UK for free!
You will need to subscribe to Disney Plus to watch your favorite movies and TV shows on Xbox in the UK.
You can do that by subscribing at the cost of £7.99, £79.99.
Disney Plus has announced that the platform will be offering an ad-supported subscription package with a lower price point later this year.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus in the UK?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
|Pink Lie||I am Groot|
|Akashinga: The Brave Ones||Raven’s Home|
|Ocean’s Breath||Gigantosaurus (S3, 8 episodes)|
Can I Watch Disney Plus on Xbox One in the UK?
Certainly yes. It’s super easy to link your Xbox to Disney+. You can watch Disney+ on Xbox One in the UK by following the steps below:
- Open your Xbox one and press the “Home” button from your controller.
- Click on the “Store” option from that popup menu.
- Navigate to the “Search” bar and press the “A” button.
- Type in “Disney+” in the search bar, and results will populate automatically.
- Select the Disney+ App by pressing the “A” button from your controller.
- Navigate to the “Get” button on the Disney Plus App page.
- Once the installation is complete, access it from “My games & Apps.”
- Enjoy streaming Disney Plus on Xbox One in the UK, and thank us later!
Note: If you want to learn how to Enable Subtitles on Xbox in the UK, read our blog on “How to turn on Subtitles on Disney+ in the UK.”
How to Get Disney Plus on Xbox 360 in the UK?
Here’s how to get Disney Plus on Xbox 360 in the UK hack:
- Switch on your Xbox 360 console and sign in.
- Press the Home button on your controller.
- Press Y to open the Store.
- Next, search for the Disney Plus app in the UK.
- From the results, select the Disney Plus app and press A on your controller in the UK.
- Select Download or press A on your controller again.
- Wait for the app to download on your device.
- Press the middle button on your controller to launch the app.
- Create a profile or log in with your credentials.
- Start streaming Disney Plus Xbox 360 UK!
How to Login into Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK with Phone?
You most likely won’t need to download any additional software if you use Android to cast content from your phone to your Xbox in the UK. Android smartphones may be mirrored to other devices, such as TVs, set-top boxes, video streamers, and consoles, thanks to the MiraCast protocol.
So, here is how to login into Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK with phone:
- Samsung identifies it as Smart View (Quick Launch > Smart View).
- LG labels it as Wireless Display(Settings > Connected devices > Screen sharing).
- HTC refers to HTC Connect (swipe up with three fingers).
- Sony refers to it as screen mirroring, which is accessed through (Settings > Device Connection).
Your Xbox must have AirServer or AirReciever software to support AirPlay, MiraCast, or Google Cast.
Built-in AirPlay makes it possible to instantly broadcast or mirror content from your iOS to an Xbox connected to the same network. As a result, you may Airplay stream to an Xbox. You will nonetheless require one of the aforementioned third-party applications on your Xbox in the UK.
What Xbox Models are Compatible with Disney Plus in the UK?
Following Xbox models support Disney+ streaming in the UK:
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- Xbox One X
- Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X
What Other Devices Are Compatible with Disney+ Besides Xbox in the UK?
The following devices are compatible with Disney Plus apart from the Xbox console in the UK:
- PS4 and the later versions
- Smart TV (Samsung, Sony,Vizio, TCL & LG)
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV stick
- iPhones, Apple TVs & iPads
- Web browsers of laptops, desktops, and Mac
Is Disney Plus Free for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscribers in the UK?
It depends; an offer announcement by Microsoft usually determines if you can watch Disney Plus for free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription in the UK.
Microsoft previously announced a temporary offer of providing one month of complimentary (free trial) Disney+ subscription as apart from its “Perks program” to its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers (obviously with their T&Cs). However, this does not mean that any member (new or old) can stream Disney Plus for free throughout the year in the UK.
Keep your eyes open for more offers like Xbox Game Pass Disney Plus 2022 in the future! Also, check out Xbox Disney Plus free trial.
Why is my Disney Plus not working on my Xbox in the UK?
Delete your data and cache. Close the Xbox Disney Plus app in the UK and open it again. Try logging out of Disney+ on Xbox in the UK and logging back in.
If you get the Disney Plus error code 83 on your Xbox in the UK, which means the Disney+ app thinks you are using an incompatible device or browser, then reinstall the Disney+ app on your Xbox in the UK by downloading it from the App store, then log in once more. Try to open Disney+ on a different compatible device or web browser.
Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my Xbox One in the UK?
It’s super easy to link your Xbox to Disney+ in the UK. If you can’t find Disney Plus on Xbox One in the UK, then go to the Microsoft Store and download the free Disney Plus app from there. You must sign up for Disney Plus in order to watch Disney Plus on Xbox One in the UK. Then, just log in to begin streaming Disney Plus on Xbox One in the UK.
Why can’t I open Disney Plus on my Xbox in the UK?
How do I fix Disney Plus on my Xbox in the UK?
Is Disney Plus available in 4K on Xbox in the UK?
- Xbox One X
- Xbox One S
- Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series S
Please note that you cannot stream Disney Plus in 4K on the standard Xbox in the UK.
Is there a free trial available for Disney+ on Xbox in the UK?
Is there a reason Disney+ doesn’t support 4K on Xbox in the UK?
Why Disney Plus Xbox Series X not working in the UK?
Try reinstalling the Disney Plus on Xbox Series X in the UK if the problem still exists! Follow these procedures if your Disney Plus Xbox Series X not working in the UK.
Can you group watch Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK?
How do I connect Disney Plus to my Xbox in the UK?
Summarizing Disney+ on Xbox in the UK:
Watching Disney Plus on Xbox in the UK is possible by following our 6 Easy Steps. These steps remain the same for geo-restricted countries, with only the slight addition of installing a VPN service and connecting it to a UK server.
Our recommendation is ExpressVPN because of its fast browsing and streaming speeds that don’t interrupt with buffering. If you have any questions, then comment below, and we will answer them as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply