Unable to access Disney Plus while traveling? Unfortunately, Disney Plus is geo-blocked, meaning that you can only access it from a few countries. In this guide, we’ll tell you how a VPN allows you to access Disney+ in France.
Disney Plus is a popular streaming service with exclusive shows like “Grown-ish” Season 4, Star Wars: Visions Season 2, Dr Romantic Season 3, Race 2023, PSY Summer Swag 2022, ‘The Punisher’, and more. Launched in November 2019, the streaming service has proven to be a successful standalone streaming service by scoring more than 28 million subscribers in the first few months.
Sadly, there’s a long list of countries where people can’t stream Malaysian or Taiwanese Dramas on Disney Plus, and titles like The Simpsons Season 34, Vigilante, and Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? because of Disney’s geo-blocks.
What’s more, is that Disney+ does not display the same roster of content in all its supported regions, so someone in the Netherlands will see a different catalog than someone in the US. But the simplest trick of using the best VPN for Disney Plus lets you watch Disney+ in France. Read on to know does VPN work on Disney Plus, the best VPNs for Disney Plus, and what to do in case the Disney Plus VPN not working error hits you!
Disney Plus VPN: How to Watch Disney+ in France in 2023 [5 Easy Steps]
Here’s how to use VPN for Disney Plus and watch its content in France:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Disney Plus (Recommended: ExpressVPN for its streaming-optimized Disney Plus servers).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Choose a server that is located in the same country as the Disney+ library you wish to unlock. For the US library, connect to a US server (Recommended: New York Server).
- Head to the Disney+ website and sign up for a plan. Your payment method should match the selected region.
5. Enter your Disney Plus login details and enjoy streaming Disney Plus in France with the best VPN for Disney Plus!
Recommended VPN for Disney+ in 2023
If you want to access the Disney Plus streaming service in France without getting Disney+ not working issues, we recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Disney Plus for smooth online streaming and great unblocking potential. Get this exclusive offer of a 49% discount and 3 free months now!
Best VPNs for Watching Disney+ in France – A Comparison Chart
Here is the overall summary of the best Disney+ VPNs. So pick your favorite Disney VPN from the table below and stop wondering what VPN works with Disney Plus, as these are the best VPNs for Disney Plus for streaming that are working in 2023:
|VPN Providers||Ranking for Disney Plus Streaming||Servers & Countries||Recommended Disney Plus Servers||Avg Speed||Video Quality||Devices||Simultaneous Connections||Price per Month|
|ExpressVPN||1||3000 servers in 94 countries||New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, and Sydney||92.26 Mbps (Download Speed)||4K and HD streaming||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Five||EUR 6.24 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)|
|Surfshark||2||3200 servers in 100 countries||Latham, Atlanta, Miami, and Chicago||88.48 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD and 4K||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Unlimited||EUR 2.07 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)|
|NordVPN||3||5500 servers in 60 countries||Atlanta (#5011 & #3965), Miami (#3507 & #2825), Chicago (#2965 & #3185) and Dallas (#3755 & #4637)||93.42 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD and 4K||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Six||EUR 5.14 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription)|
|CyberGhost||4||6000 servers in 91 countries||All US-optimized servers for Disney+||75.12 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Seven||EUR 3.73 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!)|
|PureVPN||5||6500 servers in 78 countries||Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, Vancouver, Sydney, and Perth||70.35 Mbps (Download Speed)||HD||Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, Linux, Firestick, Apple TV, Smart TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation||Ten||EUR 3.89 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan)|
Note: If your Disney Plus VPN not working, make sure that the Disney+ website or app is closed before connecting to the VPN. Otherwise, there might be a chance that Disney+ won’t work for you even if you are using a VPN.
Let’s check out does Disney+ work with a VPN and why you actually need one:
Does Disney Plus Work With VPN? Why Do You Need One?
You need a Disney VPN for streaming because people from the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, and a few other countries of Europe, Central, North, and South America are the only ones that can access the platform. If you’re in one of these countries/continents, then that’s great.
But, if you’re living in a country where the streaming platform hasn’t launched until now, then you’ll need a VPN for Disney Plus. Moreover, Disney+ uses content restrictions based on your IP address. Therefore, its content libraries differ from country to country.
This implies that you will encounter an error message if you attempt to use Disney Plus from a location where the service is unavailable:
It is worth noting that many VPNs don’t have the ability to bypass geo-blocks, hide IP addresses, and allow you to watch Disney+ in unsupported countries. In fact, Disney Plus blocking VPNs through its strict tracking mechanism.Once we knew how does Disney Plus work, we tested 50+ VPNs to unblock Disney+ content in 4K and HD (High Definition) without any buffering issues or server disconnections. And after extensive testing, it’s safe to say that ExpressVPN Disney Plus is the best duo!Hopefully, your question, does Disney Plus work with VPN? is answered. You can easily unblock various Disney and Disney Plus Hotstar content with a VPN service, like watching Japanese Drama on Disney Plus.Hopefully, your question, do VPNs work on Disney Plus? is answered. Now, let’s read on further about the best Disney+ VPNs.
Best VPNs for Disney Plus: Quick Summary of the 5 Best VPNs
Based on our testing, have a look at our quick guide below for the best VPNs that work with Disney Plus in 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Disney+. Watch Disney Plus in HD, and 4K with no buffering and blazing fast streaming with a speed of 92.26 Mbps download and 89.45 Mbps upload speed for only EUR 6.24 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!).
- Surfshark – Affordable VPN for Disney+ with unlimited simultaneous connections for streaming at only EUR 2.07 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – Fastest Disney VPN, thanks to WireGuard (NordLynx) servers that doubled its speed for unblocking Disney+ in France with buffer-free streaming at the price of EUR 5.14 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription) with Threat Protection.
- CyberGhost – Large Server Network with the most interactive app features and the most servers to unblock Disney+ in unsupported locations for just EUR 3.73 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
- PureVPN – Reliable Disney VPN to access Disney+ owing to its optimized and reliable tunneling protocols such as OpenVPN protocol available for just EUR 3.89 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan).
Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus in France [In-Depth Analysis]
We have tested 50+ VPNs to find the best VPNs for watching Disney Plus in France in the world. These VPNs were excellent at bypassing geo-blocks and streaming without any buffering or error.
1. ExpressVPN | The Best VPN for Disney+
- Buffer-free streaming with no server disconnections
- Servers: 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 92.26 Mbps download speed
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Best deal: EUR 6.24 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Disney Plus because it ensures buffer-free access to the platform without any server disconnections.
With 3000+ servers in 94 countries, along with 23+ US server locations, 5+ server locations in Australia, 3+ server locations in Canada, 4+ server locations in France, and 3 server locations in the Netherlands – ExpressVPN Disney Plus combo works best for streaming!
With such coverage of Disney+ servers, you won’t have to worry about getting Disney Plus unblocked in France in the world easily.
ExpressVPN offers the best performance with no buffering issues and fast download and upload speeds. We managed to record a 92.26 Mbps download speed and 89.45 Mbps upload speed to stream in HD and 4K.
ExpressVPN has amazing features like ISP throttling that cause no buffering while streaming Disney Plus Canada or any other content. It also provides unlimited bandwidth for downloading and lightning-fast speed.Furthermore, ExpressVPN allows five simultaneous connections. There are dedicated apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick. In addition to this, they also provide MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) for enhanced streaming and watching Disney+ on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, and other devices.With 24/7 live chat support, you can always get assistance with setting up the VPN. It is currently available for EUR 6.24 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!) with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. All features considered, ExpressVPN is among the few VPNs that work with Disney Plus without any hassle.
- Added protective layer that successfully tackles Log4Shell vulnerability
- Faster speed across all Disney Plus servers
- No buffering during streams
- No server disconnections
- Complete privacy- no data collection with a kill-switch
- Access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other platforms in France
- 24/7 customer support (live chat & email)
- Price is on the higher side
- No phone support
- New Jersey
- Washington DC
- New York
2. Surfshark | Affordable VPN to Watch Disney Plus
- Affordable VPN that works excellent with Disney+
- Servers: 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Speed: 88.48 Mbps download speed
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: EUR 2.07 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription)
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to watch Disney+ with a low price tag of just EUR 2.07 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription). This provider has become popular among streamers because of its unlimited bandwidth and powerful bypassing capabilities to stream Disney Plus in France in the world.
It offers 3200+ dedicated servers for streaming in 100 countries, including 600+ optimized Disney+ servers in the US and other countries where Disney+ is available right now. During our tests, we had Disney Plus unblocked within 5 seconds.
The VPN also offers fast speed on its Disney Plus servers for 4K streaming. We tested it for its speed, and the results were amazing, as we got a download speed of 88.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Stern privacy- no data logs
- Enhanced security features
- 24/7 live chat & email support
- Not the fastest VPN
- P2P servers are limited
- No phone support
3. NordVPN | Fastest VPN for Streaming Disney Plus
- Fastest VPN for streaming Disney+ with blazing streaming speeds
- Servers: 5500+ servers in 60 countries
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 93.42 Mbps download speed
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: EUR 5.14 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription)
NordVPN is the fastest VPN for watching Disney+ as it provided a blazing-fast speed of over 90 Mbps on most of its Disney+ servers. Additionally, NordVPN servers are equipped to offer the best speeds with zero throttling. During testing, it delivered a fast 93.42 Mbps download speed on our 100 Mbps base connection.
In addition, NordVPN offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries. The NordLynx protocol ensures even faster access to Disney+ in HD and 4K.
In terms of features and unblocking capabilities, NordVPN ticks all the boxes, and this is why it is one of the best Disney+ VPNs in 2023.
To check its speeds, we tested NordVPN over a 100 Mbps connection and found that it gave exceptional download speeds of 93.42 Mbps and 87.68 Mbps upload speed. This is the best VPN for streaming that can get your Disney Plus unblocked easily.
NordVPN Disney Plus is a perfect combination. With such fast speeds, you don’t have to worry about buffering or lag while streaming. We tested several servers in Disney Plus locations, including the US, Canada, and Australia, and the results were similar. This confirms that NordVPN Disney Plus is a worthwhile combination!Disney Plus NordVPN combo has some features, too, like Obfuscated servers, Split-tunneling, Double Protection, Dedicated IP, Kill Switch, and Threat Protection that guarantees secure streaming while protecting your data.NordVPN has dedicated apps for Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, and Linux. It also provides SmartPlay (Smart DNS) to watch Disney+ on Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, and gaming consoles.If you find a problem with unblocking Disney+, you can contact its live chat support to resolve the issue. Along with a 30-day money-back guarantee, NordVPN is priced at EUR 5.14 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription).
- Double VPN feature with extra security benefits
- No bandwidth throttling during peak hours
- Improved gaming experience
- Powerful security features including threat protection, data protection & encryption
- Located in Panama- no data retention law
- No free trial
- Connecting to the server takes a bit more time
- Atlanta (#5011 & #3965)
- Miami (#3507 & #2825)
- Chicago (#2965 & #3185)
- Dallas (#3755 & #4637)
4. CyberGhost | Most VPN Servers to Watch Disney Plus
- Most VPN servers for streaming Disney+
- Servers: 6000+ servers in 91 countries
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 75.47 Mbps download speed
- 45-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: EUR 3.73 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!)
CyberGhost VPN has the most VPN servers to unblock Disney Plus, including 6000+ servers in 91 countries worldwide among which 1300+ servers are in the US, 751 in the UK, 150 in Australia, and other Disney Plus supported countries.
With an extensive range of VPN server locations in different countries, you don’t have to worry about experiencing the error message while streaming Disney Plus.
To top it off, you will also find Disney+ dedicated servers in the CyberGhost app. These servers are optimized specially for streaming the Disney Plus service.
This provider unblocks Disney+ easily and also allows you to watch all your favorite content in HD without any lag. We ran tests to check its speed, and CyberGhost offered consistent speeds on its servers and is the best VPN for international streaming.Our base connection was 100 Mbps, and on its New York server, CyberGhost managed a fast download speed of 75.12 Mbps and an upload speed of 39.48 Mbps. It’s not as fast as its competition, it allows streaming in HD without any buffering.
CyberGhost supports 7 simultaneous device connections on a single account, so you can share one subscription with your friends and family and enjoy watching your favourite content on Disney+ Hotstar.It supports all major devices with OS like iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, and other streaming devices. Apart from unblocking Disney+, its pre-installed security features help you to maintain your online privacy.CyberGhost has amazing features like Traffic Encryption, NoSpy Servers, Protection against malware and Digital Threats. With these amazing features, you can protect your data while streaming.It comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee, and its best plan is available for EUR 3.73 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
- Wide range of server locations
- Dedicated servers for Disney Plus
- The most secure encryptions & Protocols
- No data logs collected – releases audit report every quarter
- Limited extra features in mobile apps
- Does not support P2P on mobile connections
- New York
5. PureVPN | Reliable VPN for Watching Disney Plus
- Reliable VPN for streaming Disney+
- Servers: 6500+ servers in 78 countries
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Speed: 75.47 Mbps download speed
- 31-days money-back guarantee
- Best deal: EUR 3.89 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan)
PureVPN is the most reliable VPN to watch Disney+ with decent speeds and a server network. It consistently unblocks the streaming service in France in the world, providing reliable connections with no sudden drops.
It offers a network of 6500+ servers in 78 countries to stream Disney+ in unsupported countries.
You can connect to any of the servers located in Disney Plus-supported locations to bypass geo-blocks of the service in France easily.
Owing to its extensive network of reliable servers, PureVPN delivers fast speed on most of its servers. We ran speed tests on its US – Houston server and received a download speed of 70.35 Mbps and an upload speed of 33.88 Mbps.
With PureVPN, you can have 10 multi-logins and watch Disney+ on all your favorite devices, including Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Firestick, Fire TV, and Smart TVs.In terms of security, it offers top-class features, including AES-256 military-grade encryption, kill-switch, and ad-blockers that keep your online activities and IP address secure from third parties and your ISP.It also has Internet Security and Kill Switch. With paid-on features like Dedicated IP and DDoS Protection, you can stream Disney+ Hotstar in UAE without any data leakage making it the best VPN for international streaming.There is live chat support in case you need assistance. PureVPN is available for EUR 3.89 /mo (US$ 4.16 /mo ) (3 Months FREE with a 2-year plan) with a 31-day money-back guarantee for its new users, allowing them to try the Disney Plus VPN free.
- Consistently unblocks Disney+
- Provides VPN hotspot feature
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Improved anonymity features
- Some servers are blocked by Netflix
- Some servers take time to establish the connection
- US servers (including Houston, Chicago, and Atlanta)
Criteria to Select the Best Disney Plus VPNs
Not all VPNs work with Disney Plus. Therefore, below we’ve mentioned some features to look into while choosing the best VPNs for Disney+. These include robust security, user-friendly apps, fast servers, advanced features, and great customer support.
|Servers||Ideally, the VPN should offer dedicated servers for streaming in the USA, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, and New Zealand that unblock Disney+ consistently in France.|
|Speed||No one likes extensive buffering and lag while streaming. Therefore, fast server performance is necessary when unblocking Disney+ in HD and 4k.|
|No server disconnection||If a VPN keeps disconnecting, you are bound to experience the error message. Therefore, there should be no server disconnections to avoid streaming errors.|
|Multi-login||Concurrent connection for multiple devices is a must feature. A minimum of five simultaneous connections on a single account is desirable. The VPN should also support all major devices, including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Roku, Firestick, and gaming consoles.|
|Streaming Possibilities||It should be no surprise that having more streaming options is advantageous if you want to stream Disney Plus. Because of this, we have only chosen service providers who can unblock various streaming services, including Disney Plus.|
|Customer support||Not everyone is a pro at tech, so you might experience trouble setting up a VPN for Disney Plus. Therefore, having 24/7 live chat support is a plus point, as you can get quick assistance.|
|Price||Pricing is a major deciding factor when choosing a VPN for streaming. We made sure to include services whose price is justified by the quality of the product. The services also offer a 30-day money guarantee so that you can give them a try risk-free.|
Note: By using a good VPN, you can watch Disney+ abroad in any country.
Can I Use a Free VPN for Disney Plus in Unsupported Countries?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for streaming Disney+ in countries where it’s not available, but we generally advise against it.
When you are looking for a VPN, you will no doubt come across many free options letting you stream Disney Plus with IPVanish VPN, ProtonVPN, or PrivadoVPN, but they cannot help you access the streaming services due to several reasons.
Here are a few reasons why we don’t recommend using a VPN for Disney Plus free of cost:
- Free VPNs offer a minimal amount of servers that Disney+ usually blocks, so they cannot help you access the streaming service.
- Free VPNs have data limits, with most services offering 500 MB per month, which is too less for streaming.
- With congested servers, free VPN services offer extremely slow speeds resulting in constant buffering.
- Weak encryption protocols are used by free VPN for streaming, so your real Disney Plus IP address can easily be detected, resulting in the error message.
- According to research by CSIRO, free VPN for Disney Plus earn hefty profits by selling your online data to third parties.
As tempting as a Disney+ VPN free service is, we still recommend subscribing to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN. If price is a concern and you’re still thinking about how to get Disney Plus for free, then simply leverage its risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s way safer than opting for a VPN for Disney Plus free.
Is There a Way to Get Disney Plus for Cheaper with a VPN in France?
Yes, there is a way to get Disney Plus for cheaper with a VPN. You can get a Disney+ subscription cheaper by subscribing to a Disney+ country with the lowest price, like Malaysia, which costs 4.34/mo.
With your best Disney Plus VPN cheapest subscription, you can easily unblock all the content on Disney Plus Malaysia. However, a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN is needed while subscribing to Disney Plus Malaysia. That’s everything you need to know after the Disney Plus payment update.
Countries Where Disney Plus is Available [Updated List]
Here is the latest list of countries where Disney Plus is available:
North, Central, and South America:
|United States||Canada||Honduras Belize||Costa Rica|
|Greenland||Anguilla||Antigua and Barbuda||Aruba|
|The Bahamas||Bermuda||British Virgin Islands||Caribbean Netherlands|
|Montserrat||Turks and Caicos Islands||Saint Pierre and Miquelon||Sint Maarten|
|Greece||Czech Republic||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|Lithuania||North Macedonia||Slovenia||San Marino|
|Jersey||Guernsey||Isle of Man||Wallis and Futuna|
|Svalbard and Jan Mayen|
South Pacific and Asia
|New Zealand||Australia||Hong Kong||Japan|
|Taiwan||South Korea||India||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Jamaica||St. Kitts & Nevis||Barbados|
|Dominica||Trinidad & Tobago||Dominican Republic||Grenada|
|Haiti||Argentina||St. Vincent & the Grenadines||Bahamas|
Middle East and Africa
|United Arab Emirates||Iraq||Libya||Yemen|
|Réunion||Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha|
How Do I Get Disney Plus Subscription with a VPN in France?
Countries where Disney+ is not launched yet; will require a payment method linked to the country where it is officially available. However, you can still get a subscription without using a foreign payment method by using a VPN. Here is how you can do that:
How to Get Disney Plus Subscription in France on iOS? [Using Apple ID]
All you need is iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, and follow these steps to get a Disney+ subscription on your iOS device:
- First, sign up for the best Disney+ VPN apps or browser extensions (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- After installing the VPN on your iOS device > Go to your VPN app, log in, and connect to a USA server (like New York).
- Scroll to the “Settings” option on your iOS device > tap Apple ID > Media & Purchases > click View Account and Sign in.
- Change Country/ Region to the United States, save the changes, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Now it’s time to buy the American iTunes Gift card from Amazon and ensure you enter the correct billing address. To do so, open this link.
- Once you get the redeemed code in your email box, redeem the gift card.
- Now download the Disney+ app from App Store.
- Open the Disney+ app and sign up for its subscription using your Apple ID.
- The next step is to open the Disney Plus Sign-in page, log in to your account and watch your favorite TV show or movie from abroad in unsupported countries.
Check out the easy steps to watch Disney+ on iOS in France!
How to Get Disney Plus Subscription in France on Android? [Using Google Play Store]
Follow these steps to pay for Disney Plus with VPN on your Android device:
- Sign-up for the best VPN service for your Android device (We highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Download the VPN app, log in, and connect to a US server.
- Head to Google Play Store on your Android device and create a new account (but don’t sign in now).
- Purchase a Google Play Gift card through a reputable site like Amazon.
- You will receive a gift code via email. You can either click the link in the email (if you’re on your phone) or manually key the code into the Google Play Store to redeem it.
- Now head to your Android device “Settings” > tap on the “Account” option > select the “Add Account” option and add the new Google Account.
- Again, go to Google Play Store and log in with your new account.
- Download the Disney+ app on your Android device.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Open the “Sign-up” option in the Disney+ app and select the payment option with your “Google Account” option.
- The next step is to close the Disney+ app and reopen it > Sign in to your account with your Disney Plus login credentials, and enjoy streaming.
Check out the easy steps to watch Disney+ on Android in France!
Note: Before you learn how to get Disney Plus on TV or how to login Disney Plus on TV, you must subscribe to the streaming platform first using the above-mentioned methods.
Does Disney Plus Ban VPN?
Yes, Disney+ blocks some VPNs due to the different regional licensing agreements involved with each show/movie production. Disney Plus VPN ban is common because the platform constantly tries to come up with advanced technology that ensures users do not get around the geo-blocks, thereby protecting its agreements.
And even though Disney+ actively blocks VPNs, it’s not actually impossible to access it. We tested various VPNs, and ExpressVPN is one of the few providers that could access it even though multiple struggled to do so. Please note that even if you’re present in a country where Disney Plus is available, its content differs by location.
A premium VPN subscription such as ExpressVPN makes sure that you do not face the Disney Plus VPN ban. Therefore, you can avoid the Disney Plus Error Code 83 or a notification that says, “Sorry, Disney+ is not accessible in your region.” with ExpressVPN.
You can easily overcome the Disney Plus VPN block with a reliable VPN as it frequently examines and replaces IPs that may have been blacklisted by the platform. You can also check out our detailed guide on Disney Plus Error Code 83 fixes.
Read on below to find out why Disney+ not working.
Why is Disney Plus Not Working with VPN?
Using a VPN but still wondering, ‘why isn’t Disney Plus working?’ There’s no need to panic. There are a lot of potential reasons behind the issues on Disney+, but there are quick fixes as well to troubleshoot.
- IP address leak: Your actual IP address is leaking out, making it easier for the platform to see your real location.
- Switch server: The VPN you’re using has been tracked and blocked by Disney Plus. About time you switch the server you are using!
- Cookies issue: Cookies present on your device reveal your actual location.
- GPS location problems: Your device’s IP address and the precise geolocation coordinates do not match.
- Switch VPN: Your VPN service is unable to circumvent Disney Plus’s geo-restrictions.
- Web browser issue: Sometimes web browser issues with your VPN can prevent you from accessing the service. Try a different browser.
If none of the solutions worked for you and you still asking why is my Disney Plus not working, it’s time you switched to a more reliable VPN provider. All the VPNs mentioned above are capable of unblocking Disney+ and other geo-restricted streaming services.
How to Fix Disney Plus VPN Not Working in 2023?
If your Disney Plus not working with VPN, then determining whether the Disney+ VPN issues are caused by software or hardware is the first step in fixing Disney+ errors. These errors could be represented by numbers, such as Disney Plus errors 42, 83, etc. Additionally, a brief notification similar to this one might appear on your screen:
Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code xx).
As was previously said, you are experiencing an error solely due to traffic congestion. You might just end up accessing the service by refreshing the page or signing in again.
Here are a few solutions which you can use to fix your Disney+ not working issue:
- Test your VPN for IP/DNS leaks.
- Switch to another US server.
- Delete the cache and cookies of your browser.
- Switch to a different VPN protocol.
- Choose another device and check if the VPN is working on other devices.
- Uninstall the VPN app and reinstall it.
How to Fix ‘Unable to connect’ Issue on Disney+?
This error happens when there is a server traffic overload, such as when everyone is trying to watch the most recent episode of a popular TV show. An error message is then displayed on servers as a result of this overload:
“There seems to be an error connecting to the Disney+ service.”
You can follow these steps to fix this error:
- To fix Disney+ not working, try clearing out the cache of your web browser and app.
- Try updating the app or check if your Wi-Fi connection/Disney+ is down.
- Check if there are any content restrictions or error codes on your network.
- Restart your computer, television, mobile phone, or streaming device.
- Close the app and log in back into your account.
- Examine your Wi-Fi connection for issues like a slow or inconsistent connection.
- Restart the Disney+ app.
- Switch off your router, give it five minutes to rest, and then turn it back on to refresh it.
- Video game consoles and other bandwidth-hungry equipment should be disconnected from your Wi-Fi.
- Examine your device’s firmware.
- Switch to OpenDNS, Google, or Cloudflare as your DNS provider.
How to Fix ‘Disney+ Not Available in my Country’ Issue?
Disney Plus is a geo-restricted streaming service accessible in countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India, and New Zealand. As a result, you can not watch the content if you are not residing in a country where Disney Plus is not available.
To get Disney+, you’ll need to change your location to a country where Disney Plus is available. The best and safest method to do so is by connecting to a Disney Plus VPN like ExpressVPN. Once you’ve connected to the VPN, you can sign up for Disney Plus and complete the whole process.
You can also follow these steps to fix the ‘Disney Plus says Not Available in my area’ issue:
- Verify if Disney+ has the TV show or movie you’re looking for.
- Reset your Wi-Fi router or modem after 30 to 60 seconds, and then switch it back on.
- Check your IP address with an IP checker program.
- Try choosing a different server if you’re using a Disney+ VPN to hide your real IP address. To unlock Disney Plus, you can obtain a US IP address from any US server.
- Alternatively, you can close and restart the ExpressVPN app or change your location settings.
Hopefully, your issue, ‘Disney Plus says not available in my area‘ is fixed. Let’s move on to the Disney Plus streaming issues.
How to Fix Disney+ Streaming Issues?
Due to an unstable internet connection, you can have some streaming problems. If it occurs, you can get an error code. Error codes 24, 29, 42, 43, 83, and 76 are a few concerning connectivities. If there isn’t an error, you’ll get the following message on your screen:
We’re sorry, but the video you requested is not available. Please try once more. Visit the Disney+ Help Center if the issue continues (Error Code xx).
For HD streaming on Disney+ and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD streaming, the connection speed must be more than 5 Mbps.You can also follow these steps to fix this error:
- Force-stop your Disney+ app and relaunch it.
- Shut down and restart your streaming device.
- Check for problems with internet connectivity.
- Check your HDMI connection on your streaming device.
- Relocate your router to receive better signals.
- Use a connected internet connection instead.
- Restart your router, Wi-Fi, and every device you are using.
- Use an internet speed test to determine the typical download and upload speeds.
- Reinstall the Disney+ app after uninstalling it.
- On any gadget that is using a lot of data, temporarily turn off the internet.
How to Fix Disney+ Issues on Devices?
To test if it resolves the issue ‘why isn’t Disney Plus working‘ and enables trouble-free Disney+ streaming on various devices, try out these generic Disney Plus troubleshooting tips:
- Reset the modem of your Wi-Fi.
- Check for any updates for your Disney+ app.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- Shut down and relaunch the app.
- Sign out of Disney+ on all devices and sign in again.
- Verify the stability of your internet connection.
- Try restarting your Disney+ app or uninstalling it.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Your Device With a VPN in France?
Watching Disney Plus with VPN on your device is very easy. The steps might vary depending on your device, but it is straightforward.
Here is a step-by-step guide for this:
- Choose a streaming VPN (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Install the VPN on your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to a US server or anywhere Disney+ is available.
- Plug in your streaming device to your TV.
- Launch the Disney+ app and sign in to your account.
- Enjoy all your favorite shows and movies!
With a VPN, you can easily stream the best movies of Disney+ Australia, watch your favorite TV shows on Disney+ Singapore, catch up to some old-school classics on Disney+ New Zealand, and a lot more in France.
Follow these step-by-step guides for watching Disney Plus on the following devices:
How to Watch Disney Plus on iOS in France using a VPN?
Here’s how to unlock Disney Plus with VPN on iOS:
- Go to Settings on your iOS device, and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap Media & Purchases > View Account > sign in to your ID.
- Scroll down to Country/ Region and change it to the US.
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your device, and connect to a US server (New York).
- Visit App Store and search for the Disney Plus app.
- Download the app, log in and enjoy streaming via Disney Plus VPN iPhone.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Android in France using a VPN?
If you are living in a country where Disney+ is not available, you won’t be able to find the app on Play Store. If you want to unblock Disney Plus on your Android device in France, just follow these steps:
- Download ExpressVPN on your device.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- From the list of servers, connect to a US server (Recommended: New York Server).
- Now, log out of your Google Account, and create a new Gmail ID with the US set as the region.
- Visit Google Play Store and sign in with your new Gmail ID.
- Once you are signed in, head back to Play Store and search for Disney Plus app.
- Install the app, log in, and stream your favorite content on Disney Plus with VPN in France.
How to Watch Disney Plus on your PC in France using a VPN?
You can follow these steps if you are wondering how to use VPN for Disney Plus on your PC:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Disney Plus, like ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your PC.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Open the Disney+ website and enter your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming Disney Plus with VPN on your PC.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV in France using a VPN?
If you want to know, how to unlock Disney Plus on Smart TV, then follow these steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, as this is the best VPN for Disney Plus.
- Download the VPN app on your Smart TV.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Download the Disney Plus app on your Smart TV.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Enjoy streaming via Disney Plus VPN Smart TV.
How to Watch Disney Plus on your Streaming Devices in France using a VPN?
Disney Plus may be watched on various streaming devices, but the procedure differs slightly depending on which one you use. You will need to set up the VPN on your router because Kodi, Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV do not allow VPN apps.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN as it’s the best VPN for Disney Plus.
- Install the VPN on your router.
- Get connected to a server in the US. We recommend the New York server.
- Plug in your streaming stick to your TV.
- Open the Disney+ app and log in to your account.
- Enjoy your favorite movies!
On Which Devices Can I Watch Disney Plus in France using a VPN?
Following are the compatible devices that support Disney Plus:
|Smartphones, Tablets & Mobiles||
|Browsers on Computers or Laptops||
What Can I Watch on Disney+ in 2023?
There is a massive list of the best shows and movies that you can watch on Disney+. However, if you don’t know where to start, you can choose from the following top trending shows and movies to watch on Disney+:
What’s new on Disney+ in June 2023?
Here’s everything that’s new on Disne+ in June 2023:
FAQs | Best Disney Plus VPNs
Moreover, Disney+ confirmed that if you’re in France, you can stream any downloaded content in offline mode. However, if you’re in France and present where Disney+ is available, then you can watch the content that’s available in that country.
Is it legal to watch Disney+ with a VPN?
In short, a Disney Plus Korea VPN like ExpressVPN is needed to watch the content of Korean Disney Plus in the US.
What to do if Disney+ is still blocked after using a VPN?
Disney+ has certain measures in place to identify and block VPN connections, so switching to a server that’s not detected can solve your issue.
Will Disney+ block my account if I use a VPN?
Will using a VPN for watching Disney+ affect my internet connection?
How to fix Disney Plus VPN black screen issue?
Does Disney Plus work with VPN?
Why does Disney Plus not work with VPN?
Can you watch Disney Plus with a VPN?
How many people can watch Disney Plus at the same time?
How to group watch on Disney Plus?
Here’s how you can GroupWatch on Disney Plus:
- Choose a title. Select any movie/show and click on the GroupWatch icon on browser or mobile.
- Gather a group. Send an invitation link to about 6 friends or family members.
- Sync a big screen. GroupWatch can be synced to your connected TV. Launch the Disney+ app and follow its prompts.
- React and enjoy in real time. Pause, share emojis, and rewind.
Copyright laws and licensing agreements result in geo-restrictions on Disney Plus. Luckily, you can still watch Disney Plus in France with the help of a Disney Plus VPN.
We’ve compared different VPNs and presented an in-depth analysis so you can make an informed decision and stop wondering what VPN works with Disney Plus. Based on our testing, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Disney Plus because it offers dedicated 3000 servers in 94 countries, easily unblocking our favorite Disney+ TV shows and movies like Father of the Bride, Tangled Sing-Along, and more in 4K without any buffering.
Above all, the 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try out the service risk-free. This means you can enjoy unlimited content on Disney Plus in France without risking your money!