To watch ITV in Australia, you need the best VPN for ITV, like ExpressVPN since ITV Hub is a geo-restricted streaming service owing to licensing and distribution agreements. So if you’re wondering can I watch ITV with a VPN, the answer is Yes!
ITV Hub is a British on-demand streaming service operated by ITV. It has ownership and distribution rights to a vast array of quality streaming content including the latest and popular shows like Love Island UK Season 9, Maternal, and The Chase. You can also get amazing ITV Hub 4k documentaries, sports shows, and cult classics for non-stop entertainment.
ITVX is the UK’s freshest streaming service, with exclusive new shows, blockbuster films, live events, and thousands of boxsets all in one place for Free. Viewers can also watch King Charles Coronation in Australia along with Coronation Concert.
How do I watch ITV? A VPN will allow you to sign up for ITV Hub and stream it by helping you bypass the geo-restrictions on the streaming platform. After extensive testing, we have identified the best 5 VPNs for streaming ITV Hub in Australia. ExpressVPN stands out in the list for its superior features that allow buffer-free streaming over a secure connection.
Without any further ado, let’s check how you can watch ITV in Australia!
ITV VPN: How to Watch ITV in Australia [7 Quick Steps]
ITV Hub is not available in Australia due to licensing agreements. To watch ITV Hub in Australia, you need to choose the best ITV VPN. How do I unblock ITV Hub? Follow the steps below to watch ITV live abroad:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN provider (Recommended: ExpressVPN for buffer-free ITV streaming).
- Install the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server (Recommended: London server).
- Go to the ITV Hub website.
- Set up an ITV account.
- Get the ITV hub app from your app store.
- Sign in to your ITV account.
- Start streaming the best ITV shows from where you are.
Note: Not all VPNs are optimized for streaming ITV Hub or other geo-restricted streaming services. Use this guide to identify the best VPNs for the job.
ITV VPN: Which VPN Works with ITV in 2023 [Quick Summary]
Only a few VPNs can successfully unblock ITV Hub platform outside the United Kingdom. After a comprehensive evaluation and testing of 40+ VPNs, we identified the following ITV Hub VPNs with reliable speeds and safe and private connections:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for ITV. Stream ITV in HD and 4K at 92.26 Mbps download and 89.45 Mbps upload speeds for only AU$ 10.01 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!).
- Surfshark – Affordable VPN for ITV. Surfshark VPN allows unlimited simultaneous streams with decent speeds for only AU$ 3.32 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription) and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – Fastest ITV VPN. NordVPN is the t VPfastest ITV VPN thanks to its NordLynx servers, which double the speeds and provide bufferless streaming for just AU$ 8.24 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription).
- CyberGhost – CyberGhost offers the largest server network for streaming ITV Hub with advanced in-app features for only AU$ 5.99 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
Before moving further, let’s check out why a VPN is required for ITV in Australia.
Why Do I Need A VPN to Watch ITV Hub?
What do you need for ITV Hub? You need a reliable VPN, like ExpressVPN, to watch ITV in Australia as the service is only accessible to subscribers within the United Kingdom. The service is geo-blocked due to licensing and distribution contracts.
If you try to access ITV Hub outside the United Kingdom without a VPN, you will get the following error message:
A reliable VPN, like ExpressVPN, can help you watch ITV TV shows from wherever you are by concealing your IP address through encryption and assigning you a UK-based IP address. This will trick the ITV system into thinking you are streaming from the United Kingdom, allowing you to bypass the restrictions.
Note: Unblocking ITV Hub outside the United Kingdom can only be successful if you use a premium and optimized VPN, like ExpressVPN. You can also use some other VPNs as well, let’s read about them!
4 Best VPNs for ITV to Watch it in Australia in 2023 in Geo-Restricted Countries
After extensively testing 40+ VPNs, we shortlisted the following as the best VPN for ITV Hub:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN To Watch ITV
Best ExpressVPN features:
- AES-256 encryption
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- No ISP throttling
ExpressVPN is the best ITV Hub VPN, allowing buffer-free streaming with no server connections. ExpressVPN provides incredible bandwidth for streaming ITV Hub worldwide, with 3000+ servers.
While watching Grace, we tested ExpressVPN’s ability to stream ITV Hub in Australia. Everything worked out okay.
Using a 100 Mbps internet connection, we did a speed test on an ExpressVPN server and achieved 92.26 Mbps download and 89.45 Mbps upload speeds
The VPN offers five simultaneous connections and you can watch ITV on Roku, Windows, and iOS and Android devices. You can get the VPN for only AU$ 10.01 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!) with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Lightning-fast speeds
- No ITV buffering
- No server disconnections
- Advanced security features
- 24/7 customer support
- More expensive than most VPNs
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN To Watch ITV
Surfshark VPN key features:
- Reliable speeds with UK servers.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections for convenient streaming.
- Budget-friendly subscription fee with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you are looking for an affordable VPN with US servers, Surfshark is the way to go that costs only AU$ 3.32 /mo (US$ 2.21 /mo ) (Save 83% on a 24-month subscription). Surfshark has over 3200+ servers spread across 100 countries, including several server locations in the UK.
The London server allowed us to stream Vanderpump Rules at lightning speed and without any buffering issues.
Our tests showed download and upload speeds of 88.48 Mbps and 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Surfshark offers unlimited multi-device connectivity on Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux operating systems.
Surfshark VPN offers 24-hour customer care for a reasonable monthly charge.
- Buffer-less streaming
- Enhanced Surfshark ITV Hub security features
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Lack of phone support
- Speeds are not the fastest
- Limited P2P servers
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN To Watch ITV
NordVPN’s best features:
- Fast-blazing speeds on optimized UK servers.
- Multiple simultaneous connections for streaming.
- IP/DNS leak protection for reliable server connection.
The fastest download and upload speeds are experienced with NordVPN ITV Hub streaming. NordVPN offers fantastic streaming bandwidth with 5500+ servers. We used ITV Hub to watch Karen Pirie without any interruptions or delays.
You can watch ITV Hub in Australia with NordVPN, with 93.42 Mbps and 87.68 Mbps download and upload speeds. Additionally, it has the NordLynx protocol, which doubles its speed.
NordVPN is just AU$ 8.24 /mo (US$ 5.49 /mo ) (Avail 65% off & get 3 months free on a 2 year subscription) and includes 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The fastest speeds
- Logless browsing
- No throttling
- Advanced NordVPN ITV Hub security features
- Excellent bandwidth
- Does not offer free trial
- Takes long to connect to servers
- United Kingdom #2314
- United Kingdom #1903
- United Kingdom #2065
4. CyberGhost – Most VPN Servers to Watch ITV
CyberGhost’s most outstanding features:
- Largest server network for seamless ITV Hub streaming.
- Seven simultaneous streams for convenient ITV Hub streaming.
- 45-day money-back guarantee refund policy.
CyberGhost has the most servers, including around 6000+ servers in 91 countries, giving you the perfect bandwidth for ITV Hub streaming.
We enjoyed full internet safety and fantastic speeds viewing Wedding Crashers on ITV Hub with CyberGhost. It is also compatible with other websites that are geographically restricted.
CyberGhost VPN’s download and upload speeds of 75.12 Mbps and 39.48 Mbps, respectively, on a 100 Mbps connection are impressive.
You can connect up to seven devices to CyberGhost ITV hub VPN for uninterrupted viewing. Moreover, you can get CyberGhost at the best price of AU$ 5.99 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (4 Months FREE with a 3-year subscription!).
- Extensive US servers and server locations
- ITV HubTV-optimized servers
- Logless streaming
- Advanced security features
- No P2P mobile connections
- Limited mobile app features
How to Choose the Best ITV VPN? [Our Selection Criteria]
While there are many VPNs, not all are optimized for ITV. To identify the best ITV VPNs, like ExpressVPN, we evaluated their distinct features with the following considerations in mind:
- UK servers: You need a VPN with multiple UK-based servers to unblock ITV Hub from where you are.
- Fast streaming speeds: For bufferless and lag-free ITV4 streaming outside the United Kingdom, you need a VPN that delivers reliable speeds.
- Ability to unblock other streaming platforms: Choose a VPN that can also help you unblock other geo-restricted streaming services you have subscribed to when travelling abroad. This way, you can watch ITV Hub via VPN and access other streaming services too.
- Security features: The VPN should offer advanced security features like 256-bit encryption, kill switch, split tunneling, and IP/DNS leak protection.
- Privacy: The VPN should ensure data privacy through a no-logs policy.
- User-friendliness: The VPN should allow you to connect easily to the servers and offer an easy-to-use interface for a seamless experience.
Note: Unfortunately, when you get ITV VPN free, you will not enjoy the listed features, making them unsuitable for ITV Hub streaming. Read the next section to know why!
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch ITV Hub?
Yes, you can use an ITV VPN free to watch ITV Hub in Australia. However, we do not recommend using free VPNs as they have limited unblocking capabilities, so there is no guarantee they will allow you to access ITV.
They offer no encryption and sell your data to third parties, which makes them unreliable.
A premium VPN service like ExpressVPN is your best shot at streaming ITV Hub in Australia. It comes with advanced security features and reliable server connections.
Note: After identifying the ideal VPN for streaming ITV Hub, the next step is to get an ITV subscription to access content for streaming.
How Do I Sign Up for ITV?
To sign up for ITV Hub in Australia, you need to follow the quick steps below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service (Recommended: ExpressVPN for optimized ITV Hub servers).
- Download the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a UK server (Recommended: London server).
- Go to the ITV Hub website.
- Click on Sign In at the top right side of the screen to be redirected to ITV Hub Sign Up.
- Enter the requested details.
- Provide a random but valid UK postcode.
- Check your email for a verification link.
- Select a payment method to complete your subscription.
- Get the ITV hub app from your app store.
- Sign in to ITV Hub and start streaming the best ITV shows.
Note: The ITV Hub subscription cost will vary depending on the plan you choose. Get the details in the next section.
How Much is ITV Subscription?
Is ITV free to watch? No, ITV is not free to watch. ITV subscription costs vary depending on whether you choose a monthly plan for £3.99 or an annual plan for £39.99.
How long is ITV free trial? After selecting your ITV plan, you can get a 7-day free trial if you are a new subscriber.
This is the only way to watch ITV abroad for free. After the trial period, you will be billed automatically for your subscription.
ITV Hub subscription plans are:
- Monthly subscription £3.99
- Annual subscription £39.99
With an ITV Hub subscription, you can access the ITV Hub streaming library for sports, documentaries, and drama shows from where you are.
What to watch on ITV in April 2023
|The Only Way is Essex Season 31||TV Series||26th March 2023|
|IPL 2023||Sports||31st March 2023|
|Olivier awards 2023||Award Show||02nd April 2023|
|Women’s Finalissima 2023||Sports||06th April 2023|
|Paul O’Grady: For The Love Dogs Season 11||TV Series||06th April|
|Hollywood bulldogs documentary||TV Series||06th April|
|Jonathan ross must watch films||Talk Show||06th April|
|This is your life special episode 2023||Talk Show||30th April|
|Why Didn’t They Ask Evans||TV Series||Dates to be confirmed in due course|
|The hunt for Raoul moat Season 1||TV Series||Dates to be confirmed in due course|
|Malpractice||Documentary||Dates to be confirmed in due course|
|NFL draft 2023||Sports||27th April|
|Crime (2022)||TV Series||27th April|
|man city vs Sheffield united fa cup semi-final||Sports||22nd April|
|fa cup semi-final 2023||Sports||22nd April|
|Real Crown||TV Series||20th April|
|MR Robot||TV Series||20th April|
|Waco Untold: The British Stories 2023||TV Series||13th April|
|Parks and Recreation||TV Series||13th April|
What are the best shows and movies on ITV In 2023?
You may stream many shows, movies, and dramas on ITV Hub. If you reside in Australia, you may need a high-end VPN to enjoy your favorite programs.
Note: You can access the listed shows on a wide range of ITV Hub-compatible streaming devices provided you have a VPN.
What Devices are Compatible with ITV Hub?
ITV Hub is compatible with popularly used devices from smartphones and smart TVs to gaming consoles. Here are some ITV Hub-compatible devices to use for streaming today:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Android Phones
- Smart TVs
- Apple TV
- Chromecast devices
- Xbox One
Quick Note: In some instances, you might experience issues with ITV Hub not working on the devices even when you use a VPN. However, the issues can be resolved with a few quick fixes.
Why is ITV Not Working with My VPN? Quick Fixes!
Why can’t I get ITV on my streaming device? ITV Hub not working could result from cookies and cache informing ITV Hub of your location, IP leaks, or a blocked VPN service.
Here are quick fixes you could employ to fix ITV Hub black screen and ITV VPN not working:
- Upgrade your VPN: Switch to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN that can unblock ITV Hub successfully. Use a different browser: Try opening ITV Hub on a different browser.
- Disable ITV hub ad blocker: Disable the ad-blocker to allow the ITV Hub site to work normally.
- Delete cookies: Clear cookies and cache that may be informing ITV Hub of your location.
- Check for IP leak: Enable the IP leak protection feature on your VPN settings.
- Change server: Change your server and reach out to your VPN service provider to confirm if the servers can work with ITV
Once you get a reliable VPN you can watch ITV Hub abroad stress-free.
Other Countries Where You Can Stream ITV with a VPN
Here is a list of some of the countries you can stream ITV Hub from using a VPN:
|ITV hub in Spain||ITV in Argentina|
|ITV Hub in Cyprus||ITV Hub Sweden|
|ITV Malaysia||ITV Hub Hungary|
|ITV hub Ireland||ITV in Germany|
|ITV in Germany||ITV in Japan|
|ITV in Hong Kong||ITV in UAE|
|ITV in Italy||ITV in Korea|
What VPN works with ITV?
Does ITV work with Express VPN?
ExpressVPN is a useful addition to ITV Hub since it allows you to stream freely and safely on any network, including public Wi-Fi, without worrying about your ISP or network administrator restricting your connection based on the material you’re accessing. In case of ITV VPN not working, use the guide in this write-up to resolve the issue.
Does ITV work with NordVPN?
Does ITV block VPN?
Unreliable VPNs fail to substitute for their blacklisted hosts adequately. Sometimes, ITV Hub will detect your VPN server and prevent you from using it again.
How can I watch Love Island through VPN?
Why is Express VPN not working with ITV Hub?
How can I watch ITV for free?
- Get a good VPN with UK servers.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Go to the ITV Hub website and click on sign up.
- Fill up the form and select a plan.
- Choose the ITV Hub free trial to get started.
Note: You can cancel ITV Hub subscription anytime.
Can I watch ITV live with a VPN?
What is the difference between ITV and ITV Hub?
ITV (Independent Television) is a network of British commercial television stations that broadcasts on a single channel.
To watch ITV Hub in Australia, you need an ITV VPN. ITV Hub is an excellent streaming service with some of the finest British television programs. However, since the service is geo-restricted, only subscribers from the United Kingdom or those with a UK IP address can access it.
This is where a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN comes in handy. You can effortlessly conceal your IP address and make it look like you are in the United Kingdom and watch ITV Player abroad free from any hassles. You can also watch ITV on PS4.
Leave a Reply