Are you wondering why Peacock not working on Roku TV? Well, in this article, we will go through the causes and also how to fix those problems.
Peacock TV is a well-known streaming service that offers a vast collection of exclusive originals, TV shows, and movies. However, some users face issues while streaming on their Roku TV. There are various reasons why the Peacock app may not work on a Roku device, ranging from outdated app versions to connectivity issues.
Peacock TV, owned by NBCUniversal, provides viewers worldwide access to a wide range of popular TV shows and movies such as Rutherford Falls and Apocalypto.
It is essential to identify all the possible causes of the issue and follow the necessary steps to resolve them. If nothing works, contact Peacock TV support or use the best Peacock TV VPN such as ExpressVPN to fix the problem as well as is the best option to watch Peacock TV outside US.
Without further ado, let’s get started:
Why is Peacock not working on Roku tv? Most Common not working issues in 2023
Here are some of the most common reasons why Peacock may not work on Roku TV:
- Outdated App: If the Peacock app is not up to date, it may not work correctly. Make sure to update the app to the latest version.
- Slow Internet: If your internet connection is slow, it can cause buffering or a frozen screen while streaming.
- Network Connectivity Issues: If there are issues with your home network or internet connection, the Peacock app may not work correctly.
- Technical Glitches: Peacock may have technical glitches that can affect streaming, causing the app to crash, freeze, or not launch.
- Account Issues: If there are issues with your Peacock account, such as incorrect login credentials, it can prevent the app from working.
- Roku System Software Issues: If the Roku device is not running the latest system software or game updates, it may cause issues with the Peacock app.
- Incompatibility Issues: If the Peacock app is not compatible with your Roku device, it may not work correctly.
By identifying the specific issue, users can take the necessary steps to fix the problem and get back to streaming their favorite shows and movies on Peacock TV.
How to Fix If Peacock not working on Roku tv? [10 Easy Tips]
If you are experiencing issues with Peacock not working on your Roku TV, there are a few steps you can take to try to fix the issue.
Check if Peacock TV Server is Down
To check if the Peacock TV server is down, you can visit the website “Downdetector.com” and search for Peacock TV. If there is an issue with the server, it will show up on the website.
You can also check social media platforms like Twitter or Reddit to see if other users are experiencing similar issues. If the server is down, the best option would be to wait until the service provider fixes the issue.
Reset your Roku tv Device
To resolve the issue of the peacock on Roku TV not working, restarting the device is the recommended solution. Follow these steps to restart your Roku:
- Go to the Home screen and select the Settings option.
- Choose the System option from the menu.
- Select the System restart option provided.
- Wait for your Roku device to restart, which will resolve any temporary errors.
After the restart, check if the Peacock TV app on your Roku device is functioning correctly. This process is a quick and easy solution to common technical problems that may cause the Peacock premium not to work on Roku TV.
Not to mention, you would require a VPN to access Peacock TV outside US. If you are facing any issue while connecting a VPN, you may go through our guide on Peacock TV not working with a VPN to resolve any connectivity issue.
Reset the Router or Modem
One way to resolve issues with Peacock not working is to reset your router or modem. Here are the steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from your router or modem.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to the wall socket.
- Turn on the router or modem and connect your Roku device to the WiFi.
- Launch Peacock TV and check if the issue has been resolved.
Check your Internet Connection and Internet Speed
Frequently, the reason for this problem is network-related. To avoid issues with your Roku device, make sure you have a strong and stable network connection. Peacock TV on Roku requires at least 7mbps for HD streaming. Check your network speed, and if there are any issues, contact your service provider to resolve them.
Clear Cache and Data on your Roku tv Device
To fix the Peacock TV issue on your Roku device, try clearing the device’s cache and temporary data, which is a type of soft reset. This process can help improve the device’s performance and eliminate any temporary errors.
Here are the steps to clear the cache and temporary data:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote five times.
- Click the Up arrow button once.
- Tap the Rewind button twice on your Roku remote.
- Press the Fast Forward button.
- This action will clear the device cache. Check if the Peacock TV is working correctly on your Roku device.
Reinstall Peacock TV
If you have tried all the other methods and none of them have worked, then another option is to uninstall and reinstall the Peacock app.
Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the Peacock app on your device:
- Go to your home screen and select the Peacock app.
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Open the app store or play store and search for the Peacock app.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Open the app and start streaming the content you want.
Update the Peacock App
To avoid issues with the Peacock app on your Roku device, make sure it is always up-to-date with the latest version available. Follow these steps to update the app:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Roku device and search for the Peacock app.
- Select the Peacock app from the search results.
- If an update is available, click on the update option located below the app icon.
- After updating the Peacock app, try streaming it on your Roku device to see if the issue has been resolved.
Factory Reset your Roku tv Device
If you have tried all the other methods and none of them have worked, your final option is to factory reset your Roku TV device.
Here are the steps to factory reset your Roku TV device:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Home screen.
- Scroll down and select “Settings” using the directional pad on your remote, and press the OK button to select it.
- In the Settings menu, select “System” and then choose “Advanced system settings” using the directional pad.
- Choose “Factory reset” from the list of options.
- A warning message will appear on the screen asking if you want to proceed with the factory reset. Select “Factory reset” again to confirm.
- Your Roku TV device will now begin the factory reset process, which may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the reset is complete, the device will restart and display the Roku logo.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Roku TV device again.
- Make sure to back up any important data before resetting your device as the factory reset will erase all data and settings on your device.
What is Worth Watching on Peacock After Fixing?
After fixing any issues with Peacock, there are plenty of great shows and movies on Peacock TV to watch. Here are some shows and movies worth watching on Peacock:
- Saturday Night Live Season 48
- Days of Our Lives Season 58
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago P.D. Season 10
- The Bourne Identity
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Meet the Parents
- American Psycho
FAQs: Peacock not working on Roku TV
Why is Peacock not working on my Roku TV?
Why is Peacock slow on Roku tv?
How do I update my Roku?
How do I reset my Peacock app on Roku tv?
If you are experiencing issues with Peacock not working on Roku TV, there are several steps you can take to try to resolve the problem, including checking for server outages, clearing the cache and data, updating the app, or performing a factory reset on your Roku device. If the issue persists, contacting Peacock TV customer support can also help.
And for an extra layer of security and to avoid any potential geo-restrictions, using a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN could help enhance your streaming experience.
Leave a Reply